My B-Class Webapp needs some improvement

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JupiterRed

I love the app, but login is difficult. The way the keyboard pops up and the way you navigate between the fields, username, password, and the check box for keeping you logged in is cumbersome and doesn't always work. Extra spaces at the end of the username are not automatically truncated and that makes it difficult to work. Also, the type face should be a bit larger.

There is also a bug that sometimes to get into a screen and you can't go back or move off the screen.

Has anyone done an analysis of the app traffic to the back-end (posts, get etc). It could be theoretically possible to either mimick those calls in a better designed app/site; or do a 'host' html app/site that loads the original site internally and wraps it with new html and just hooks to the right browser events. (Asking if anyone has because I know I haven't).

I've created an Android app that called EvAccess that uses the same web services that are used by the Mercedes Web Page. Look for it in the Google Play Store. I think you'll like it better than using the web page.

There is also an iOS version (same name) created by another forum member.

those not familiar with the website: http://mybclass.mbusa.com
Representative told me they are working on an app :lol:

Hey G,

Use the free app instead. There is one for iPhone and another for Android. Interface better. See other threads for more juicy info.

BTW, how long did it take for your dealer to get you the VVC? I just got mine after a month of hassling them.

My dealer has no idea what the VVC is- he referred me to a 'project manager' who was conveniently out of the office for the last 2 days.
Will reach out later today!
Will search to find the app

Mr. G,

You are not the first nor the last to encounter dumbos as it relates to our B250e. Tell them that they have to call the B-class product manager who also manages all the Smart cars. That is who my guy had to call as no one at his dealership knew.

I will try to post my letter if I can figure how to do that. Here is link to my letter, show it to your dumbos.

https://1drv.ms/b/s!AjvCUnNBTTLXzHegBL0BH1iJfgEb

JeffRay - just received my VVC code today. Thank you for your post! You are correct, and the dealers even admitted this, they are not familiar with the process! I hope when the EQ brand launches dealers have better training!

jwarcd said:
I've created an Android app that called EvAccess that uses the same web services that are used by the Mercedes Web Page. Look for it in the Google Play Store. I think you'll like it better than using the web page.

There is also an iOS version (same name) created by another forum member.

BTW, I've been using this app daily. It is sooo much easier and quicker than the MB app. I do occasionally go to the MB app or Mercedes Me, but the EVAccess app is always ready to go and very responsive!

It took me numerous calls to numerous places before I finally was able to get my VVC. Finally, the main 1-800 customer service line found it for me. They guy there (wish I could remember his name) was persistent until he located it.

Back