Things I Miss From My LEAF

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scrith

I am very happy with my electric B-series, but there are a few things I miss:

1. The DC quick charge. Fast, and very convenient in the SF Bay Area because there are so many of them here.
2. Charge status indicator lights that are visible from the outside of the car. Honestly, when I first charged the B-class I was concerned that it might not actually be charging because there was nothing anywhere (without the key in the ignition) to indicate that a charge was in progress. I really miss those three little lights.
3. Keyless ignition.
4. Attractive wheels. The B-class looks great, except for the wheels, in my opinion. I miss the ones from my LEAF SL.
5. Leather seats. Shouldn't a car this expensive have leather?. Leather seating surfaces are standard on the LEAF SL, but even though my B-class came with the "premium" package leather isn't included! I couldn't find a B-class at my dealer with leather, so I am not sure what they look and feel like...maybe I am not missing much.

Scrith said:

1. The DC quick charge. Fast, and very convenient in the SF Bay Area because there are so many of them here.
2. Charge status indicator lights that are visible from the outside of the car. Honestly, when I first charged the B-class I was concerned that it might not actually be charging because there was nothing anywhere (without the key in the ignition) to indicate that a charge was in progress. I really miss those three little lights.
3. Keyless ignition.
4. Attractive wheels. The B-class looks great, except for the wheels, in my opinion. I miss the ones from my LEAF SL.
5. Leather seats. Shouldn't a car this expensive have leather?. Leather seating surfaces are standard on the LEAF SL, but even though my B-class came with the "premium" package leather isn't included! I couldn't find a B-class at my dealer with leather, so I am not sure what they look and feel like...maybe I am not missing much.
I agree with 1-3. Wheels are fine (IMHO) but you can change them if you don't like what you have.
Leather is coming in 2015 model. That is the main reason that I am waiting for 2015 model. Remember, Leaf did not have leather seat initially.

2014 B-Class is available with leather. Problem is most of the dealer stock that has come over is all MB-Tex. I think since the list price of the car is so much higher compared to similarly equipped CLA and C class cars, having MB-Tex instead of leather keeps the list price below 50K which is probably a psychological sales tactic.

Scrith said:

3. Keyless ignition.
Agree on 2 & 4...
1. Not a big deal for me since I rarely used QC on my 2011 LEAF, the 7kWh charging is a big enough plus for me.
2. YES. It is very annoying that the only indication is the sound of the on board charger, especially since MBrace stinks.
3. Don't care. I actually kind of like that it works like a regular ignition (Acc mode for just the radio without having to turn the car off then on again).
4. Yup the wheels are ugly.
5. You can get leather seats, just need to ask for them when you order the car.

this is our second Mercedes Benz with fake leather...

In my opinion the MB-Tex wears much better than the real stuff, the dealer agrees. Our 13 year E320 with MB-Tex has seats that looked new.

Its not like MB-Tex looks like "pleather" either. I would guess most people can't tell the difference. It feels a little stiffer and less "supple"

For us the MB-Tex was a no brainer with kids...

Yes the wheels are a little geeky but easily (at a significant cost mind you) changed out.

The lack of DC quick charge is a bummer as is the absence of charge indication. An LED (for charge state of charge and for illumination) in the charge port is a ridiculous oversight. I wonder if the "filler door hinge" was re-engineered for the increased duty cycle of opening on a daily basis. If not I suspect we'll be having them replaced in a few years, hope not.

I'm upset with the lack of scheduled charging and the crappy "app" however improvements may be coming in an update as indicated by an email I received from an MB case manager today, fingers crossed.

I miss the LED light inside the charge area from my Leaf... and the charging station locator on my leaf...

Back