Keyless-go option

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jelloslug

I can't see how MB could have missed that completely but there needs to be a full keyless option (if not standard) for this car. I can't think of any other EV (in the US) that does not have a power button.

jelloslug said:
I can't see how MB could have missed that completely but there needs to be a full keyless option (if not standard) for this car. I can't think of any other EV (in the US) that does not have a power button.

+1 was the first thing came up when I test drive before purchase...

That is one of my three biggest minuses for the MBCED. The 2nd is lack of a CHAdeMO charging capability and the 3rd is the low efficiency (84 MPGe).

jelloslug said:
Funny thing is..I like the 'real key' (no-keyless) option. I do things like Acc mode when I eat lunch in the car and just want the radio on. In my LEAF I have to go thru the turn-off, make sure foot isn't on brake, turn back on (which means you lose the radio for a few seconds) riga-marole.

I guess I'm a luddite for liking that I have to take the key out of my pocket. However I've also had some bad things happen when I leave the key in my pocket (I'm the passenger, wife starts car without either of us realizing the key is in my pocket and not in the car, wife drops me off at the airport, and then drives off). A cellphone can really pay off sometimes...but once I was dropped off in a place without cell coverage and my daughter was stuck when she turned the car off.

tomt said:
+1

roperld said:
The key is one of my three biggest minuses for the MBCED. The 2nd is lack of a CHAdeMO charging capability and the 3rd is the low efficiency (84 MPGe).

Hear in europe we are expecting the combo conector ... that provides AC until 11kw ( charger in MB B class electric drive ) and 50 kw DC ( mininum )

I like the key...

in numbers there is the low eficiency... but in real life with the car .. do you feel it ? with the extended range pack you can´t do 120 miles of real driving ?

because normal in europe we can do more 15 % than your EPA range... and this are numbers of real life ....

There are very few of the SAE DC quick chargers in the U.S. We are primarily a Chademo DC and J1772 AC market at this juncture...

rdias said:
Hear in europe we are expecting the combo conector ... that provides AC until 11kw ( charger in MB B class electric drive ) and 50 kw DC ( mininum )

tomt said:
There are very few of the SAE DC quick chargers in the U.S. We are primarily a Chademo DC and J1772 AC market at this juncture...

rdias said:

yes... i know... the first model in USA with combo it was chevrolet spark electric... and i think its only sold in california...

hear in europe in the begining it was only DC chademo ( because leaf an imiev ) ... but know they are improving and in the some charger we start to have chademo / combo and 43kw AC ( in the same box )....

I agree. Definitely a minus. I have had the keyless push button start in my Camry Hybrid since 2008 and love being able to keep the key in my purse. The BMW i3 has the push button start.
Yet, I still think I am going to buy the Mercedes. Just will take some getting used to have to fish the key out of my purse each time. :(

My wife said that it is a deal breaker for her. She has not had to use a key in ten years and doesn't want to start again now.

rachael said:
Yet, I still think I am going to buy the Mercedes. Just will take some getting used to have to fish the key out of my purse each time. :(

tomt said:
My wife said that it is a deal breaker for her. She has not had to use a key in ten years and doesn't want to start again now.
Sure the keyless-fob is a little more convenient, but a deal breaker...really? Pretty amazing how spoiled we have become as a species...now it's too inconvenient to pull a key out of my purse/pocket. Remember the bad old days when you had to reach into your pocket/purse, pull out a key, and turn it to get into your house? Oh hold it I still do that...

In a few years (after liability laws are changed to protect corporations from any deaths caused by firmware bugs) we won't need to drive a car, it will drive itself. What's next? I guess my question is are we really advancing or trying to become more like glow worms?

I hate Keyless-Go - my ex had it on her BMW and while she kept the key in her purse, I would usually do the driving. Needless to say, it happened many times where I dropped her off at the curb before parking and forget to get the key from her. After I parked, I can't lock the car without the key. What a pain.

Also a huge pain when you have to valet park - many places in LA - like restaurant parking lots require valet so that they can stack park.

I haven't had a keyless car yet (BMW, Nissan, Ford) that I could not lock without the key... You just need to know the procedure...

slkjoy said:
I hate Keyless-Go - my ex had it on her BMW and while she kept the key in her purse, I would usually do the driving. Needless to say, it happened many times where I dropped her off at the curb before parking and forget to get the key from her. After I parked, I can't lock the car without the key. What a pain.

slkjoy said:
+1 Glad I'm not the only one who's suffered thru this. Although I'm usually the one walking away with the key in my pocket after someone has dropped me off, somebody is still bumming when they turn the car off miles away.

roperld said:
That is one of my three biggest minuses for the MBCED. The 2nd is lack of a CHAdeMO charging capability and the 3rd is the low efficiency (84 MPGe).

I can't fix the keyless part, but we will fix the lack of a CHAdeMO port with our "JdeMO".

Expect that for 2015.

the new B class ( 2015 restyling ) already brings the keyless option...

infortunly in europe we use menekes port and there will be not quick charge...

to put hear chademo in europe is impossible... you in USA are better than hear in europe....

rdias said:
the new B class ( 2015 restyling ) already brings the keyless option...

infortunly in europe we use menekes port and there will be not quick charge...

to put hear chademo in europe is impossible... you in USA are better than hear in europe....

There are over 1300 CHAdeMO stations in Europe, and 700 in the USA.

The problem is in europeus there is no one to make the conversion ti chademo or to put the chademo in B classe... And hear in europe you lose directly the warranty ... And because menekes port i think there is no space to put chademo port ....

Back