First EQC sighting today

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffRay

So I was at my dealer for the free charge, bfast and lunch. It is one of my mobile offices as they actually have two guest workstations. But I digress.

As I was leaving, I saw two black EQCs plugged in and charging. So I stopped to get out and take a look. Putting price aside, I compared my black B250e to these two cars. The EQC is not as tall, a little longer and maybe a little wider. The rear leg room looked just as generous and the boot looked to be at least 50% deeper than ours if not more. See website for actual specs. The EQC looked sportier than ours, no surprise. And the most important is that while it had a lower roof line, the seating seemed to be higher than a sedan but lower than ours.

Will schedule a test ride and give update. The price, however . . .

Interesting. I had a GLA as a loaner car last month (hated it) - is the new EQC along those lines?

Can't wait to hear your first impressions.

Mztease,

The EQC is as its badge suggests is about the size of a GLC. Just not as high but about as long it seemed. As I may have mentioned, the salesperson who leased me my two Bs is out on a leave. I am kinda relucant to engage a new one but will the next time I am charging my B at the dealer.

There is apparently no institutional memory that I was one either the first or the second person to take a B off their hands. I remember that the electric blue one sat on the showroom floor for several months. Both mine are black inside and out.

Will report when I do sit in one.

You are so lucky, Jeff.
I wonder if we will even get them in Washington. You couldn't get a B250 here, or the Kona, or the Plug-In Crosstrek. Maybe that's a good thing because if I drive it, I'm sure I'll want one and they are $$$$$!
Arthur

Back