Purchased another EV

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First off, I still have my '15 B250. I love it. My '01 Forester, that my daughter drives, was hit the other day and I assume it will be totaled. ...So I started shopping around. I looked at getting a cheap used EV for her to drive but couldn't find any I was happy with, mostly because of questionable battery life.

I ended up buying a new 2020 Bolt. The range at 260 miles is amazing. The 66kwh battery means I'll likely be able to hit 330 miles in the warmer months. The dealers have been discounting them like crazy where I live. It was just too good to pass up. It's not a MB that's for sure, but it does have some tech that is pretty cool.

If we get a EQB here in the states I'll be trading/selling in my B250. Until then, you all are stuck with me.

PS. Those DC fast chargers are ridiculously expensive! I charged for 49 minutes, added 37kwh to the car, but it cost $13!

Arthur

Arthur,

The Bolt should work great for your daughter. I looked at it when it first came out and decided it was not the replacement for our B250e. Styling good, great range, fast charging, a lot to like. Even better if dealers are aggressively looking to sell them.

Interesting fast charger costs, a hidden cost. Cheaper than unleaded but a real cost nevertheless. $13 for a 49 minute rapid charge is okay. I paid a flat $20 fee to charge my B250e from 12% to 112.5% and it took 10 hours. Plus a parking fee. All for 24 kWH and 60 miles. C'est la vie.

Back