MB may launch hybrid van

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffRay

Looks like a minivan, electric and gas powered. Electric for under 50 kph with range of 50km; gas for speed in excess of 50 kph. Dunno about whether it can run on gas if juice used up. More later when I have time to do some surfing.

From an article by Zach on EV Obsession......

The Mercedes V Class plug-in hybrid concept van (dubbed the Mercedes V-ision E Concept) reportedly has a 210 horsepower 4 cylinder gas engine and a 123 horsepower electric motor. This allows it to hit 100 kilometers on only 3 liters of dirty fuel, translating to 78 miles per gallon.

Mercedes-V-Class-plug-in.jpg

Mercedes-V-Class-plug-in-ugly.jpg

Mercedes-Vision-e-Concept-1.jpg

“The drivetrain will also feature an impressive 443 lb-ft of torque, enough to get it to 60 mph in under 6 seconds. Its 13.5 kWh battery will give it an electric only range of 30 miles and allow it to travel at speeds up to 50 mph on the electric motor alone,”

Thanks Stu. Doubt that actual version will be as nice or roomy as the concept car.

Hybrid van!! That sounds just fabulous! I am very eager to watch that van. Anyways, I love the campervans too and I just booked one for my family trip from the campervan hire Australia Company. They always provide awesome services at affordable prices.

Back