Ownership Rant

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KazeGo

I’ve owned my BED for almost a year. I really enjoy driving the car. It can be an attention grabber at times and always seems to happen when I’m in a rush. People are really curious and surprised that’ it’s an EV. But overall so far a great car.

What I don’t like is the “support” for EV vehicles (charging stations) and other EV drivers. A lot of EV stations in Sacramento are not working or damaged. The stations providers seem to car less when you report it. I’ve found Tesla’s at L2 stations, which they can be, but there drivers don’t respect the posted charging times. Some will even unplug your car to charge theirs. *sigh*

My last gripe is the lack of knowledge about the vehicle that my local MB dealership has. I’ve been told on certain issues that they simply “didn’t know or “it was engineered that way”. MB USA echoing the same reply.

BUT

Still a nice car to drive.

KazeGo,

Sign of things to come as more EVs come on line but no infrastructure investment to support it. When I use a commercial charger, it is usually an attended garage or I am nearby (Whole Foods). It has only happened to me twice in 4 years, both times an attended garage when it read 100% but I was doing extended range charging.

As to dealer, yes, a well documented fact. Surprised in CA since there are many Bs there. In any case, don't accept their reflex response, have them immediately escalate to MB central. They have to support EVs as they will be making a big push in coming years.

Back