Living in a lock down city

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffRay

Hi everyone, miss you all as these are trying times. Am staying inside as we all do our bit. So the essential activities boil down to:

1. Grocery shopping to feed family of four. Yes, we drive the B to the store so we can get the heavy stuff back. The lines to get in are long but people are queuing up calmly. The stores are stocked in the morning but need to be restocked before the next day. Some stores have senior hours.

2. Getting takeout where available to make our groceries last longer. Also adds a little diversity to the menu. I walk to get.

3. Walking the dog. Not a lot of people out but a bunch walking their dog. We are not to congregate in the parks just now.

4. You know, this might get me to hop onto the exercise bike that normally sits quietly in the bedroom corner.

Sorry if this comes cross as self serving, I admit I am missing daily social interaction and this helps me in its own way.

Take good care everyone. Looking forward to the day we are on the other side of the curve.

Pretty much same here. Austin goes on shelter in place as of midnight. Won't change our routine much as we have been working from home for a couple of weeks now. Go out for a few walks daily. We usually eat out alot and see a lot of movies. We'll just have to do that from home for awhile. I also have my mother (of poor health) who lives with us, so we're being pretty strict about the rules.

Same here in Raleigh, NC. Restaurants closed a week ago except for take-out. Everybody working from home that can, restaurant wait staff now un-employed. School kids home. Wake county will go on further lock-down Friday night, which I guess will close what few non-essential businesses managed to keep their doors open this long. Grocery stores coping but its a struggle for them.

At least we don't have to go to a gas station to remain mobile!

Good to hear that others are making the best of a terrible situation. Guess it is the same everywhere.

Week 3 highlights include:

1. Schools opened after spring break so kids are occupied for several hours. Wonderful for all. They are so adept with tech it has been an easy transition to distance learning.

2. As fatalities rise in NYC, the few people that ventured out are dwindling. No one wants to be the unlucky one.

3. The groceries are still getting their daily deliveries. So far so good. Our TraderJoe had to close for cleaning due to a positive case.

4. Alas, have not driven the B since last Sunday. This is the longest I have gone without charging the car since the winter of 2018-2019 when it was too cold out to drive and charge 2-3 times a week. Will drive it this Sunday to get groceries. When it drops to 25%, will take it to local garage and pay $38 to have them charge it to 112.5%.

Take good care everyone.

Back