2015 won't have range option!

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klaus

I just read on InsideEVs that the 2015 won't have the range option:

The full battery is available in the 2015 refreshed edition of the B-Class ED, as the extended range option is deleted.

Does that mean the extended range option will be available to all, or have they got rid of that option and the car will/can use the full battery pack every charge?

klaus said:
Does that mean the extended range option will be available to all, or have they got rid of that option and the car will/can use the full battery pack every charge?

And does the associated activation button go away too (such that every charging occasion is an opportunity for a "full" charge...and such that 100% really means 100%)?

And can those who have the ER option in the 2014MY vehicle hope for a F/W update that would eliminate the need to activate the associated button?

And do all 2015MY vehicles also include the windshield heater and the additional insulation that had been associated with this option?

Klaus:

WRT the button, my assumption would be that it remains as do the warnings to not use it too much.
I find these funny because, as far as I can tell, you could use it every time and it would not void your warranty.

I would think that the car would record if/when/how-many-times it was used (I know I would like to know this if buying a used EV) but I've not heard that this is the case.

WRT the heated windshield, I have the range package and so supposedly have it, but I don't know how to tell for sure.
Same goes for the insulation I guess. I assume its there.

Hello, i am Wim from Belgium, i have just ordered an B class electric drive model 2015 with the Range Plus option package. So i suppose it isn't standard.
My Mb is ordered in Orient Brown with the Range Plus and the adaptive recuperation system (as option) and also the storage pakkage. It will be delivered in the end of june 2015.
We have in europe an other standard in driving range NEDC, they say the range is 200km and 230km Range Plus.
Is this realistic?
This is the EV with the best range (without the Tesla) in Belgium so far i now.

I hope my English is not too bad!

The range optin in the 2014 Model Year gives 10-12% more charge so you can use 31.5 kW of the 36 kW battery instead of 28 kW. If you call the full battery 35 kW the math works out better. You can't use all the kW anyway you'd ruin the battery. So normally 100% = 80% charged now 100% = 90% charged. The 2015 model year you can charge to 90% (31.5 kW useable power) every time.

We drove the B-Class ED with 31.5kWh useable and went 180km at 100kmh.

Mercedes B-Class ED battery

36.0kWh total – 100% SOC
31.5kWh usable- 90.0% SOC
28.0kWh usable- 80.0% SOC
1.0 kWh unusable- 2.7% SOC

Back