It's more than electric, It's a Mercedes

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alas, it seems that the EQC is being sold first in Europe. Makes sense if you think about it, they are so much more ready for EVs that most of the US is save for the west coast.

With an expiring lease in September, will look at buying mine off lease but only at a price significantly below the lease purchase price. Will want an extended warranty that covers battery and motor or no deal.

If no deal, will depreciate our two ICE cars until more and better choices come along in 2021. Right now, my B250e is in my mechanics shop to replace the left front end which was damaged by some random truck when it was parked on the street overnight.

Oh yeah, happy new year everyone!

JeffRay said:
Alas, it seems that the EQC is being sold first in Europe. Makes sense if you think about it, they are so much more ready for EVs that most of the US is save for the west coast.
Saw this over the weekend. Looks like MB "fired a blank" with the latest 100% electric EQC model. Only fifty-five sold?

A Very Happy New Year To All!

Peter,

More news is coming out about MB's EQC model. Here's the full article, plus reading the comments section says a lot about the EV community's take on Tesla vs. Traditional ICE vehicle makers. Sharing this because it's a great story, I'm not a Tesla Fan-boy or an EV evangelist.

The Mercedes-Benz EQC, once deemed a “Tesla Killer” by the electric car maker’s critics, recently had its production targets reduced by 50% from 60,000 to 30,000 after parent company Daimler revealed that there is a shortage in LG Chem battery cells.

Daimler’s forecast for the EQC has not matched the actual sales figures for the vehicle. The goal was to sell 25,000 EQC cars last year but Daimler only managed to build around 7,000. In Daimler and Mercedes-Benz’s home country of Germany, vehicle registrations suggest that the car only sold 55 total units as of January 3, 2020.

Have A Great Weekend, I'm off to "World" for a winter vacation. Back after the Superbowl and Groundhog day...!

Peter,

Peter,

Enjoy your World vacation! We will keep this end up whilst you do.

Battery shortage. What dummy signed the LG contract and messed this up, or is this a convenient excuse for tepid sales in EU. Follow the money and come to the US.

Hey everyone!
While everyone waits on what’s next from MB the folks from Munich came up with the Cooper SE. Although development has taken a really long time they (BMW/Mini) will start delivering in March here in the States. Affordability is the pitch that they are using. Ergonomics? Did I mention how much nicer the “B Klasse” is?

Check out the video from a Roadshow.

https://youtu.be/JFVF-IrteCE

Back