MB halting sales of B-Class?

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarrenDonovan

I heard from a salesman that due to QC issues and production shortage, MB has advised dealers to stop sales of the vehicle. That's all he was able to say. Anybody know about this?
Thanks,

There is a recall on the car, whereby a software bug can immobilize the car while driving. There are some people here that have experienced this and have been waiting some time for an official word/fix for the issue.

The recall has a stop sale notice in it for current stock. I would think they will just update the software, and then be able to sell them again.

I think that's a good move for them. Its better to resolve the issue on software updates before they resume sales

I contacted a dealer in Walnut Creek that said they weren't allowed to sell the ones on their lot at the moment. I thought she might be brushing me off because she was out of state, but maybe not.

jspearman said:
I contacted a dealer in Walnut Creek that said they weren't allowed to sell the ones on their lot at the moment. I thought she might be brushing me off because she was out of state, but maybe not.
Out of the five they show in stock online, two are apparently not affected by the recall, if you go by http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/recall:

WDDVP9AB7FJ004447
WDDVP9AB1FJ005657

Three dealers I talked to here in So Cal are willing/able to sell units they have in stock that are not affected by the recall. Perhaps your sales rep may not have known better; it took some time for those that I talked to here to figure out they can actually sell the ones that aren't affected. One dealer I was working with actually sold the one I was interested in two days before we came to an agreement. Now I'm waiting for recall work to be done on an identical one they have in stock that is affected.

Two of the dealers I talked to are expecting resolution on the recall this week. I hope they are right!

Back