Long distance electric driving

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinaTUD

Dear drivers,
we are doing a survey on long distance electric driving during the course of our studies at the University of Technology in Dresden, Germany. If you have experience in driving electric vehicles, please take part in our survey, which contains 30 questions and will take less than 10 minutes.

This is the link which leads you to the questionnaire: http://j.mp/TUD_ldev_EN

After completing the survey you can leave comments and find additional contact information of our faculty. If you are interested in the evaluation, please leave your mail address in the comments.
Thank you very much for providing a valuable contribution to our research!

Kind regards

Tina, Stefanie & Janna

I completed the survey. No virus detected by Avast. Seemed like real survey directed at how best to encourage further development. Only asked questions about the cars to profile us.

Also completed the survey. Something to share:

San Francisco Bay Area, California where I live and drive seems to have a good EV infrastructure (incentives, public charging stations, solar panels, EV applicability to the daily commute, etc...). My impression is the number of EVs on the road in this area starts to saturate the existing infrastructure. The number of EVs on the road is increasing faster than the growth of the public EV charging infrastructure. Public charging is available in many places, but most of the time all spots are occupied. Despite planning ahead, I personally don't count on public charging, especially for trips where I would really need it.

We are still away from parking lots with 50+ EV chargers or outlets and sufficient turn around to rarely fill up.

Also true on east coast in terms of limited supply of public charging. Last night, I wanted to recharge to 100% from 48% for a 66 mile highway roundtrip today. I check the Blink app and see a charger near my home. I roll into the garage and there is a Tesla charging. I wanted to leave my car there with the attendant and he said only customers were allowed to activate the charger. He checked and the Tesla needed 3 more hours. As it was 11 p.m. I left. Instead, I am headed to the dealer this morning for a top up, coffee and retrieve car for evening jaunt to company holiday party.

Of course, when I return, I will be down to below 25% and will have to actually hunt for an overnight charge as in colder overnights, I need at least 20% to get to dealer or work 110 outdoor outlet.

Back