B-class electric to end production

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ralphybaby

Article reports that B250e will end production this fall.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2017/07/mercedes-benz-b-class-ev-dead-b-class-dead-america/

Thanks for article. Yes, the B was their test vehicle and was never intended to be their electric platform. It is a very nice luxury mini-SUVish car. 2022 means late 2021 so makes it tough for bridge the gap.

This only makes me wait longer for the fire sale of leftovers as limited range is not an issue for urban driving or for local suburban driving.

I have read that EQ sub brand will release at least one model during CY 2019.
There will be good lease deals on remaining '17s. Most are on the West coast however.

I have a 2015 model and also have found the range not an issue for urban driving. Overall great car to drive.

My main concern is future waning dealer service support and potential lack of parts. Can only hope that my B-class will not suffer any major failures that would require specialized Tesla motor/battery know-how which even now, most US dealers lack or any specialized parts that would require shipping from Europe.

Have you guys seen the sales numbers for the B205e? Only 133 for the entire year.
https://insideevs.com/august-2018-plug-in-ev-sales-soar-u-s/

After I returned my 2014 BED, I got a Kia Soul EV with the Fun and Sun package for half the cost of the MB. I hope their EQ brand has better success. Seems like they have a long way to go. I love my Model 3 and all the unusual benefits that come with it. No dealer, Over the air updates, Supercharging network...

FB,

I rode in my friend's Tesla 3 last week. More spacious than I thought. A six footer sat comfortably in the back seat. My friend loves his. He could not resist punching it on the highway to show us acceleration. Nice.

Back