User reviews

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jylkat

It would be great if more owners would share their practical experiences in general; not least what kind of range they get with or without the range mode engaged...

Seems that all the owners so far are all out driving!

Hopefully some of them will check in soon. Maybe you should private message some of them and ask specifically for them to report their findings...

I really enjoy driving this car! One of the things I like best is using the paddle shifters for regen braking.

I'm pretty aggressive with acceleration and I switch between e and S mode quite a bit. I average about 77 miles on a full charge, used in short trips over several days on the freeway and city streets.

I found out that the car "learns" your driving style and lowers your total range starting number even when fully charged. Fortunately, you can reset this value easily to wipe out the previous attributes.

Steve L

hello steve... i´m from Portugal ( Lisbon ) so my english its not perfect... but...

you are getting 77 miles driving normal or very slow ? you are using 100% that includes the range extender pack ?

;)

I drive fairly fast, lots of starting and stopping. I don't have the range package, so full charge is advertised as giving an average of 87 miles with very conservative driving.

Steve

Probably you know that the NEDC ( European Test ) it´s the most stupid test in the world :lol: but your EPA it´s a good test and normaly my friends can go 15 % to 20 % more than de EPA range ( only nissan leaf or other EV s already sold in Europe )...

nissan leaf : NEDC - 199 kms - 125 miles ( stupid )
EPA - 84 miles ( true )
average real range - 100 miles

by your experience, do you think it´s possible to do 100 miles ( full range without range pack ) at a average speed of 55 mph ? beeing carefull ?

Actually, few people manage to do 100 miles in the Leaf in the real world without resorting to some driving compromises... 85 miles in a new Leaf with a fresh pack and 100% charge is much more common...

rdias said:
nissan leaf : NEDC - 199 kms - 125 miles ( stupid )
EPA - 84 miles ( true )
average real range - 100 miles

you are right... i have to think in miles... not kms... sorry... around 85 miles is more accurate.... more true....

what is the expectations for the B Class with range pack ? real average ? 110 miles ? 100 miles ?

I have had it for almost two weeks with Premium and Multimedia package. Absolutely love it. It's very specious with out looking as if from 'space' :).

Crisp screen, and music system (HK Logic 7).
Easy to get in and out of (compared to my X5 (too tall), and TSX (too short)).
Nice Cargo space.

My only complaint is Media Interface does not work with iOS7 (iPhone 5 and 5s). I need to see if there is supposed to be any software update for that..

For me at full charge it always seems to show 75miles. But since i don't have home EVSE charging yet, I have not tried let it go down to see what's the actual range I get. I am little conservative right now with full charging during the day at work.

OK, so far the car is fun to drive. I found that the displayed range is calculated based on the trip meter readings: After agressive driving, my "average" consumption was 2.7 miles per kWh and 'max' indicated range was 70 miles. Then after a period of very conservative driving I was at 3.9 m/kWh and range was shown as 82 miles (IIRC).

Realistically I am seeing still 20% battery left after driving 60+ miles on intermittent trips around town, without paying a lot of attention to driving style. Have yet to take a longer highway trip, but that's not my driving pattern anyway.

As a car, the A/C is cold enough to freeze water, heated seats are toasty, radio and Becker Navi are fine, and even the App is OK. Have not yet found a charge timer, but again I really have no need for one. Pre-conditioning is great, once I set the clock correctly (D'oh!) it started working properly.

I charge at work (for free!) with a 30A wall charger, under 300 minutes from 20% to 100%

Range at 65mph (100km ground speed) on dry, hard surface level road with no wind or cabin climate control with new condition battery at 70F, battery capacity is "useable" amount, not advertised amount. Ranges are at maximum available charge and EPA rating is the maximum published.

Nissan
LEAF - 4 miles per kWh (250 wattHours per mile) * 21.3kWh = 85.2 miles / EPA 84

GM / Chevrolet
Spark EV - 5 miles per kWh (200 wattHours per mile) * 19kWh = 95 miles / EPA 82

Mercedes
B-Class ED - 3.8*** miles per kWh (263 wattHours per mile) * 31.5kWh = 120 miles / EPA 104

Toyota
Rav4 EV - 3.4 miles per kWh (295 wattHours per mile) * 41.8kWh = 142 miles / EPA 113

*** Mercedes does some goofy BS with the economy meter... it's calibrated "from the wall", so 3.8 miles per kWh will show 3.2 on the dash

Thanks, Tony. Did you conduct this test, actually driving 120 miles? The 31.5kwh usable is about 1.5kwh shy of the 33kwh, that the range package was supposed to tap. I wonder if there's a few limp mode miles?

Any chance you can inform whether the Tesla released CHAdeMO adapter, in Japan, will accelerate your own efforts to eventually have one for Rav4 / B-Class? Or, simply, how's it goin' ? :geek:

Have the car for 2 month now. Drove over 3000 miles.

So far love it. Instant powerful silent acceleration. Precise steering. Strong energy recuperation. High quality interior. Sufficient space for 5 adults + cargo inside of this compact body. Beautiful LED and bi-xenon headlights are super efficient. One of the best sound systems (Harman Kardon). Real leather high quality seats with 3 level heating.

Relatively quick charging with home installed 240v 40A EVSE (around 3 hrs 20 min full charge, but in real life, since we are only using half or 3/4 of the battery around town, average charging takes 1-2hrs).

I want to say that the safe range is around 80-100 miles, with aggressive driving in hilly terrain and climate control on. Our model does not have range extender.

Back