Tesla fanboy reviews the Mercedes-Benz B-Class electric car

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marta

Interesting review by Vivek Wadwha for the Washington Post
photo.jpg

When Mercedes-Benz contacted me last month to ask whether I would be interested in driving its new B-class electric, I thought they were either too sure of themselves or foolish. Why else would they ask a self-proclaimed Tesla fanboy to reconsider his “breakup” with them? In February 2013, I wrote that after driving my Model S, I couldn’t drive my Mercedes–Benz any more — it was like listening to an old cassette tape. I compared my Tesla to a supermodel working a Paris catwalk and the Porsches and Ferraris owned by my friends to supercharged lawn mowers.

The B-class electric is indeed a great small car. It is as quiet as a Tesla Model S; it drives with comfort and elegance. And it is relatively economical. The base price of the Mercedes is $41,450; the Tesla costs $69,900. (But all electric cars qualify for $10,000 tax rebates on those prices in the state of California.) Of course, you get a lot more in a Tesla, including a battery with twice the range, an Internet-connected dashboard, and an 8-year “infinite miles” warranty. But a Mercedes has its own old-world elegance.

Full article here http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/innovations/wp/2014/08/20/what-happens-when-a-tesla-fanboy-meets-mercedes-benzs-electric-car/

Back