Long Term Ownership: anyone have a high mileage B250e?

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bugladyhb

Hello B owners! Anyone have a high mileage B250e? Let’s take a poll, please post your model year, odometer reading and reliability impression in the thread (solid car, some issues, major issues)

2015, Currently with 35k miles, Drive Unit replaced at 30,000 miles because of coolant inside unit.

Welcome to the forum!!

I purchased a 2014 fully loaded off-lease B (from California). Currently, she has 29K miles (15K of them mine), and all I've had to do maintenance-wise is replace the 12V battery.

I love, love, love the car...fits my needs and circumstances perfectly. I am keeping my eye on (and crossing my fingers...haha) the battery cooling system.

Curt

As posted in another thread, I bought mine with 6K miles; now at 48,600. No issues. Great car. As an aside, I still find it strange that this is considered "high mileage" given I have a 2012 Jetta Sportwagon TDI with 78,000 miles, that should easily hit 200,000 with routine maintenance. The VW is capable of an epic 700 mile range on 15 gallons. No issues. Honestly, I'm not sure which car impresses me more.

LABclassFan,

Hey, welcome. Thanks for posting

You have the most miles so far Rough calculation would have you driving about 40 miles per day which is pretty much the limit unless you have an hour commute somewhere with a remote L2 charger when you get there.

Of course, if you live in LA, while traffic can be heavy, the weather is ideal for EV cars like ours.

Hope you continue to enjoy the ride.

Hello

Literally LOLed when I saw the very first reply. Hope you enjoy the following novel .

2015 electric drive now based in rural Connecticut. 30,100 miles or so. Replaced the motor with 4 months left on the warranty at around 28k miles for same reason as first reply, coolant fluid in motor. No visible defect when it happened just a light on dashboard to visit service. Even drove it for a week in that state hoping light would go away. Was in the shop about month thankfully coincided with a vacation.

I've been enjoying driving it in the winter, the heater warms up almost instantly. A few occasions you leave top driveway at 75 and by bottom it loses a mile. then if you didn't preheat the next couple of miles drop off the meter very quickly due to battery and cabin heat. I can achieve 30pct better efficiency 2.5 mi/kWh vs 1.7 mi/kWh with gentle driving and by rationing the heat with the off button. Noticeable difference between recirculating air for heat and pulling in the freezing air outside. Makes the auto-10 minute recirculation limit massively annoying. Only gripe though. Enjoying the spirited driving. Usually when mileage drops to 15mi or so remaining they fall of the guess-o-meter a little more slowly. Have Yet to drive it into single digits. 68-75 miles parked outside standard charge. Hopefully more now that she'll be indoors. (Finished some garage work). Getting better at remembering to preheat which can help the range quite a bit.

Big adventure upcoming to drive to airport tomorrow, 38 miles each way. Seriously considering the "avoid highways" navigation option...

Bananapeal,

So you are in CT where it is going sub freezing tonight but you will have it preheated in the garage and know the tricks to stretch range in cold temperatures. Am worried about your airport run tomorrow, 76 miles roundtrip to JFK? I am worried you might not get home on one charge or at best will be experiencing your first range anxiety episode.

There is a Chargepoint station on the Access Road according to Plug Share. If you have time, plug in for an hour and add 6KwH before you head home.

Good luck and enjoy the heated ride.

Back