Electric cars save gas

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ferdball

Before

Discover-Spend-Analyzer-cropped-2013.png

After

Discover-Spend-Analyzer-cropped-2015.png

I saved $3600 (or 65%) in gas costs per year changing from a Pilot to a B-Class. And if you haven't switched to solar yet, I paid SDGE $586 last year, saving 76%.

IMG_0275.JPG

Ferdball,

Thanks for posting. As a former financial analyst, I can't help myself, sorry but . . . if one wanted to be more precise, one would account for increased electrical bill and account for lower gas prices 2015 v 2013. Just saying. . . No doubt though, we are saving money.

The thing I really like about my MBe is its zippy handling for a roomy compact car. It is more fun to drive than my wife's MB Ewagon and dare I say my MB 380SL. Of course with the roadster, the rag top trumps all.

JeffRay said:
Thanks for posting. As a former financial analyst, I can't help myself, sorry but . . . if one wanted to be more precise, one would account for increased electrical bill and account for lower gas prices 2015 v 2013. Just saying. . . No doubt though, we are saving money.
Thanks Jeff. I don't have apples to apples with my SDGE bill because I switched to Net Metering and Time of Use pricing. But if the dollar is the common denominator, I have this.

Before
Screen%252520Shot%2525202016-02-03%252520at%2525209.29.39%252520PM.png

After
Capture-SDGE-TrueUp-cropped-2016.png

The thing I really like about my MBe is its zippy handling for a roomy compact car. It is more fun to drive than my wife's MB Ewagon and dare I say my MB 380SL. Of course with the roadster, the rag top trumps all.
Yeah, torque is fun, especially when it is instant and quiet. I have a Mazdaspeed3, and it is fast. But all the Noise, Vibration and Harshness is wearing on me. It's going to go when the Bolt/Model3 comes out.

Ferdball,

I have started thinking what to do in 2017 when my 36 month lease runs out. Never having leased a car, have not had to think about it so soon. Will be curious what you think about the electric choices so look forward to your posts. The MBe is my drive to work car albeit with a short daily commute. In one year, I only put on 4000+ miles so I will be turning in a low mileage car. Was not sure I wanted to buy it so I leased it, the residual as I remember it was around $20K+ so I guess I will have to decide if I want a lightly used electric for that price. Simple, right?

I thought about buying out the lease too, but a $22k residual is a little steep for me. Especially when there will be a 200-mile-range Bolt for about $30k, and a Model 3 coming out soon. There is another option for a low cost lease: The Fiat 500e. It was offered at under $99 at one time. Since you're an MB fan, it may be way below your expectations, but could be a good short term golf cart.

FB, you have a second career as a mind reader. Yes, I have owned a bunch of them but for the electric, will override if someone leaps ahead (not springing for Tesla). My new commute is 15 minutes and landlord is putting in an outdoor 110v outlet so mileage will not be too big an issue for me. I do agree that the purchase price on the lease is steep but offsetting that is my mileage will be around 10K. Still have time to see what comes out in 2017 and decide.

Back