Favourite feature - reverse parking

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthEastEV

So what's your favourite feature of the B Class electric?
I've owned one for 3 years now and I'm torn between the variable regenerative braking controls on the steering paddles and the park assist - for what we call parallel parking in the UK. It's actually better described as in-line parking as the cars are end to end rather than parallel but anyhow...
I made a video of the feature I'm talking about:
https://youtu.be/3qNLGKhRZgM

What's your favourite (favorite if you're reading this in the US) feature?

Thanks for sharing your self-park video. My B250e doesn't have that feature, I'm not sure how many B250e models sold in the USA did.

My favo(u)rite feature?

The HOV sticker. Allows me to drive solo in the Car Pool (also known as HOV - High Occupancy Vehicle) lane on my daily commute.

Oh, that's right... We've been under "house arrest" for the past eighty-four days. I've driven my B250e exactly twice since then, most recently to a public EV charger.

Peter,

Yeah I've been working from home for nearly three months now too, my EV has been very unoccupied and has been polished more times than in any previous three month period!
49988433482_cf7efcb418_b_d.jpg

The HOV sticker.
The nearest equivalent to that we have here is that at supermarkets there's usually priority parking near the building entrances for Electric vehicles, along with free to use charge points, which is a bonus.

Sadly they're only 7kW chargers so even if the shopping takes an hour I'm only getting about 10 miles of range out of it :roll: but its free power so that's always welcome.

WOW, that looks like a marketing brochure picture. What a shine! And the rims are snazzy too. Aftermarket? Mine was the supplied pizza pans, boring and not sporty in the least.

I drive mine weekly to the market, otherwise it just sits on the street. When we had the protesters around breaking things, I put it in the lot overnight and charged it there too.

Lease ends at the end of September. Bye bye birdie.

NorthEastEV said:
Yeah I've been working from home for nearly three months now too, my EV has been very unoccupied and has been polished more times than in any previous three month period!

However, yours got a wash (or two), mine sits outdoors and collected cobwebs and tree debris...
NorthEastEV said:
The nearest equivalent to that we have here is that at supermarkets there's usually priority parking near the building entrances for Electric vehicles, along with free to use charge points, which is a bonus.
There are more EV chargers going in locally. Retail stores recognize their customers with EV vehicles favo(u)r places that offer charging. EV chargers are usually on a network. So one must have the appropriate account cards (or phone apps) to use them. Prices vary widely, unlike petrol/gas filling stations, where the price is boldly displayed on the street before you pull in. With luck free (for two hours) up to an eye-popping ten dollars per hour. A more reasonable cost is two dollars per hour.
NorthEastEV said:
Sadly they're only 7kW chargers so even if the shopping takes an hour I'm only getting about 10 miles of range out of it :roll: but its free power so that's always welcome.
That's interesting. We have a variety of EV charger capacity, and both AC and DC varieties. Only AC 'L1' or 'L2' will work with the B250e. DC, while much faster can't be used. Newer installations are DC, limiting where I can get public EV charging locally.
L1 is typically 3.8kW, good for ten miles range per one hour charging in the B250e, but L2 can deliver 6.6kW to 7.4kW or 20+ miles in one hour. Some EV charger equipment can connect two vehicles at one station, and often the charge rate is impaired when two vehicles are charging at the same time.

While we're on this topic, the public charger meters are accurate, but the range display in the B250e is not. JeffRay calls it the Guess-O-Meter (GOM) as it estimates range based on driving style (and other electrical demands such as Air Conditioning and winter heating needs)

Peter,

My favorite feature is the power folding mirrors I retrofitted. I have a narrow garage and it's nice to be able to fold the mirrors when pulling in and out. Side note, I just realized a couple of weeks ago that if you have your wipers in auto mode and go into reverse while it's raining, the car automatically turns on the rear wiper. Very nice touch. In my defense, I live in Texas and it doesn't rain a lot down here!

Back