optional 18 " wheels

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BCKator

Hi All! My First post!
I'm thinking of buying this car but not crazy about the stock wheels, to put it mildly, so considering the optional 18s.
The mbusa site does not yet have a picture of the wheels but describes them as "lustrous matt black/ polished finish" which matches the description of this wheel, shown as an option for the C
MB%20wheel.png

Can anybody confirm that these are correct?
I also found this image on evobsession.com (hope OK to post) which tens to support my theory.
mercedes-b-class-electric.jpg

Or would I be better off getting something aftermarket?

I saw the same wheels here http://www.mybclasselectricdrive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=104

Yes, those are the 18" optional wheels that will be offered. If you search the web for C Class W205 wheels, you will find a 17" and 18" Mercedes OEM alloy wheel that has the exact fitment specs as the B Class ED. The suggested 17" fitment is 17x7 +48.5 offset. The 18" fitment is 18x7.5 +44 offset. There are numerous aftermarket choices, but since the B Class ED is very heavy, weight limits and quality should be considered.

I have a few pictures that I have photoshopped with my wheel choices that may be posted on the forum soon. Happy wheel shopping!

stevepl

Here are 2 photoshopped images Steve (stevepl) sent me.

I photoshopped 2 wheel ideas onto a white B Class ED. The 10 spoke wheel is from Moda and is gloss black with a machined finish. The 5 spoke is a Mercedes wheel that has been designed for the 2015 C Class w205 and has the exact fitment specs of the B Class ED. Both are 17". I'm having trouble deciding between the two and wanted to open it up to the forum for thoughts and ideas.

b-class-10-spoke-moda-wheel.jpg

mb-electric-drive-c-class-wheel-option.jpg

Wally/Steve:
Thanks for the responses.
I realize now that I messed upon on the thread title, should have been 18 not 19".

Thanks for the tip re the weight.
And I was wondering what the "44" meant.
I like the 2nd 5 spoke better, but is a very personal decision.
I too will consider 17"s if going aftermarket. They should on average be lighter, smoother, and more tolerant of bad roads.

Interesting. Looking today at the mbusa build site and the wheel option is no longer there.
I wonder if its gone for good or only gone until they clear out the current stock. ;)

Those 18" options (that's currently not available per my dealer too) don't look that hot either. Wish they had the nice spoke ones on the Blue B class EV all over the internet (AMG?)

What did you decide to do and do you want to sell your original 17 x 7 wheels for the B-Class ED? (I have a 2014 model)

-William

I too wasn't thrilled about the wheels, so when I was ordering my 2015 B-Class in February I put in a request for the optional wheels, but the sales guy came back that the system rejected the request "without offering any explanation". In super fine print in the brochure it said "may not be always available", and apparently that day was one of these days. I will get some other wheels on the side, probably cheaper :)

Just put these 18x8’s on mine with some DWS Conti tires. Liking it much better than the stock. Better handling and traction, and much quieter. And they look waaay better! :D

https://photos.app.goo.gl/wfKVmxQFWaTJy8oX9

Back