Facelifted 2015 B-Class Electric Drive photos

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klaus

Here's some photos from InsideEVs of the facelifted B-Class electric drive. The facelifted version is apparently what will go on sale later this year, while the facelifted B-Class ED will make it to the US sometime in 2015... go figure.

14C832_091-750x498.jpg

14C832_059-750x499.jpg

14C832_132-750x512.jpg

14C832_086-750x499.jpg

14C832_087-750x499.jpg

14C898_3-750x562.jpg

The interior is a bit nicer with the newer steering wheel (new button layout) and a larger screen standard in the car. The exterior is basically the same. I don't see much difference. No regrets that I picked up a 2014.

Other than the range option being standard, I would agree. We're very happy (except for the range) with our 2014 B-Class.

The larger display, standard in the 2015 BCED makes a huge difference from what I remember when I test drove the 2014 model 5 months ago. Also, the Garmin navigation is standard. Seems to be better than what used to be called Becker Map Pilot.

There is no sunroof.

Other thing worth mentioning - I believe this already existed on the 2014 model. The floor height in the trunk is adjustable. All dealerships I talked to didn't have a clue about the adjustable trunk floor. MB's design is very clever: there is a pivoting hinge which allows you to position the floor at two different heights, either flat with the rear of the trunk, or a few inches below. The latter gives you more volume with a dip in the cargo, but the former makes the cargo area flat. Generally, the cars you see at dealerships have the cargo flooring adjusted in its lower position with the dip, and I wondered whether it can be made flat, as shown on the picture at mbusa.com.

One question though:
The pictures show the white MB BCED with the "Electric Drive" plug-in logo on the rear door(s). My 2015, also white, doesn't have any logo. Is the logo, similar to Nissan Leaf's "zero emissions" logo only applied to selected cars pictured for publicity and reviews?
Can the logo be applied after market?

renault19 said:
Other thing worth mentioning - I believe this already existed on the 2014 model. The floor height in the trunk is adjustable. All dealerships I talked to didn't have a clue about the adjustable trunk floor. MB's design is very clever: there is a pivoting hinge which allows you to position the floor at two different heights, either flat with the rear of the trunk, or a few inches below. The latter gives you more volume with a dip in the cargo, but the former makes the cargo area flat. Generally, the cars you see at dealerships have the cargo flooring adjusted in its lower position with the dip, and I wondered whether it can be made flat, as shown on the picture at mbusa.com.

I was able to do this on my 2014. I had no idea it worked like this. I like it in the higher position. I put the charging bag under and will have room to put small package under the tray when needed. Really cool!! Thanks for the information.

BTW, Aren't these the actual 2015 face lift pics? Would make sense since the front bumper changes align with what I see and the dealership on the CLA, GLA, etc.
2015-mercedes-benz-b-class-european-spec_100480828_l.jpg

2015-mercedes-benz-b-class-european-spec_100480838_h.jpg

I do like the changes to the side skirts - not sure about the larger openings in the lower bumper and moving the DRL's to the headlight assembly though.

The facelifted ED is as the white car, not the red one.
I've actually just ordered it to replace the 2014 version and the navigation is indeed a very big improvement.

From an exterior point I don't think there's any changes, the interior however had some upgrades with the bigger screen, nav, steering wheel,..
I prefer the new ED to our 2014 CNG, only thing that hasn't imrpoved unfortunately is range :)

Has to be possible since it's part of a package; in Belgium it's sold under 'Electric Art' and comes with the blue mirrors, blue front grill and the blue 'Electric Drive' logo

Back