Pictures with Carseats

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EchoDelta

Hi All - newbie here, glad to find a small group of enthusiasts.

Any pictures of your B-Class with carseats in them? come on, you must have them. I'm trying to figure out the fit for 2 car seats in the back. The Leaf does an above expectations job of leaving space for a (thin) adult in the back; with carseats on one side and the midde. It's the only thing scaring me away from a B-Class; and since I have to hop over to Oregon to actually buy one - a 4h drive-, I haven't had the chance to test it myself.

Post carseat pics for the win! Thanks in advance

ED, my kids just turned 9 before I got the MB Be so no car seats. The car interior dimensions are generous and comparable to my E wagon so your question is a good one. I have had three kids in the back without car seats. My bet is that the bulky Britax Frontier seats would be a tight fit for a thin adult in the middle. They would be sitting up on the edge for short rides. If your kids are older, two Graco type booster sheets would accommodate a third better. The only way to know is to bring your car seats and test with a thin adult. BTW, for example, the BMW i3, forget about your idea. Hopefully, someone posts a picture for you.

Thanks! We may upgrade a carseat to a Clek Foonf or Radian RXT which are thinner (16-17 inches) than other fatter models.
The idea would be to have: // [carseat] - [carseat] - [adult] \\

I would not have guessed it would have same interior rear space than an E500. Seems really room then for the exterior appearance; considering I've never seen one in the flesh!

ED, we will be back from FL this weekend and I will be able to visually check out the MB Be and maybe post a picture using the booster seats (still have, no one wants and dunno what to do with them).

I have two car seats in ours, I'll try and post a pic over the weekend. One is a bottom cushion booster, the other is a booster with a back. Kids are 4 and 6, so no more huge infant seats for us. They fit well, and the seat back tray tables are good for them.

TheStig said:
I have two car seats in ours, I'll try and post a pic over the weekend. One is a bottom cushion booster, the other is a booster with a back. Kids are 4 and 6, so no more huge infant seats for us. They fit well, and the seat back tray tables are good for them.
Hey TheStig, thanks a lot. I appreciate the effort. If you had them both to a side leaving some room for someone else, or do they take up the whole of the back seat?

We are looking at upgrading the seat for the older one to a Clek Foonf which is only 17 inches across, and also we can stagger one rear-facing and one forward-facing which allows for more 'interlock' and saving even more space for whoever is the 3rd passenger.

Again, thanks everyone the reason for all this back and forth is that there is no BClass in WA state yet; even though dealers are equipped and trained for service, they don't have any floor models to test out driving/layout.

Two of those monster forward or rear facing seats with 5 point harnesses would fill it right up. Nobody would be able to sit in the middle seat.

As the kids get bigger and the child seats smaller it opens up, we could put someone in the middle seat, or shift the bottom booster for my older daughter to the middle without a problem.

Here is picture from MBUSA website sans seats. You can see it is three across, albeit narrower. Rear facing in middle and forward facing on side. In any case, your thin adult is going to be squished. That being said the width of the MB Be is a little more than your LEAF. LEAF says 50 inches hip room. I have tape measure and will measure hip room Monday.

Go here: I don't know how to imbed image.

http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/vehicles/gallery/class-B/bodystyle-EDV#layout=/vehicles/gallery&class=B&bodystyle=EDV&waypoint=gallery-stack&gallery=UNIQUE-GALLERY-ID|1|1

ED, I drove mine today and remembered to bring tape measure. OK, side to side, it measures out to 47 inches. Each seat has the LATCH hardpoints and measures out to be 19 inches wide. The middle seat then is nominally 9 inches inner stitch to stitch. See picture in prior post. It is actually wider outside stitch to stitch, closer to 15 inches but you would then be taking 3 inches away from the sides. So the conclusion is same as before, tight for thin adult, depends on actual car seats jammed into side and middle.

I took the pictures Sunday night, but no idea how to post them here at least from my iPad.

Let me know how and I'll post.

Back