2014 B-Class Electric Drive at the Geneva Motor Show

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klaus

Here are some great photos of the B-Class, including some close-ups of the 'ED Electric Drive' sticker on the rear doors. I assume not all models will come with that stuck on it?

b-class-mercedes-8.jpg

Here's a great shot of the B-Class's interior, showing rear legroom, and what appears to be flip-up trays with cup holders!!?
b-class-mercedes-3.jpg

Since Mercedes-Benz planned the B-Class to accept an electric drive train from the start, there's plenty of space in the trunk with no batteries plugging things up.
b-class-mercedes-4.jpg

And, under the hood, there is a large plastic cover in the way of seeing anything actually related to the drivetrain. Notice the blue-ish chrome on the grille, I think it looks great, but I will have to see it in person to decide if I like it in the real world.
b-class-mercedes-9.jpg

Here's the front seat and steering wheel shot. I like the look of the brown seats, very luxury looking
b-class-mercedes-2.jpg

And, some external shots of the 2014 B-Class Electric Drive
b-class-mercedes-5.jpg

b-class-mercedes.jpg

b-class-mercedes-6.jpg

Yes, that, along with the logos on the side doors, has to go.

I'm also not a big fan of the other blue accents such as the ones on the wheels. Just my personal opinion, and it may look better with some body colors than others...

klaus said:
Here are some great photos of the B-Class, including some close-ups of the 'ED Electric Drive' sticker on the rear doors. I assume not all models will come with that stuck on it?

It seems like the blue chrome accents and ED Electric Drive stickers are clearly marketing tools utilized during the show to distinguish it from the ICE version and foster in press and consumer attention. The video at:

http://www.mybclasselectricdrive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=28

is pretty clear that neither is being included on production cars, fortunately. Can't say I agree with the positive commetns about the brwn interior but that is a peronal choice - I've never been fond of brown on either the interior or exterior of cars.

I'm looking forward to finding out when the B-Class E-Drive will be released in Canada so I can get a good look at it and of course a test drive. Finally the 130-160km range BEV market is starting to be populated with some decent competiton to the Nissan Leaf. I'm hoping the B-Class will put together all the features I'm seeking and provide a "seemless" transition from an ICE to BEV. Just a little pricey though but hopefully worth the premium it represents over the Leaf and Focus Electric.

Thanks and Cheers

Carl

I drove an 8-hours round trip to test drive the MBCED today in a compliance state; my state is not a compliance state. I really liked it!: the high quality interior, the smoothness, the acceleration, the recuperation paddles, the collision avoidance features. I drove it for 28 miles with lots of rapid acceleration in and out of sport mode, 70 mph on interstates and stop and go in heavy traffic. It used 34% of the charge for the 28 miles, according to the car's displays. That calculates at ~82 miles range for the way I drove. I think that is consonant with the EPA 87-miles range. It had a range package but it was not charged with the fullest possible range.

I was told by a sales agent that there will be several external and internal changes for the 2015 model. He did not tell me what they are. Has anyone heard any details about that?

roperld said:
I drove an 8-hours round trip to test drive the MBCED today in a compliance state; my state is not a compliance state. I really liked it!: the high quality interior, the smoothness, the acceleration, the recuperation paddles, the collision avoidance features. I drove it for 28 miles with lots of rapid acceleration in and out of sport mode, 70 mph on interstates and stop and go in heavy traffic. It used 34% of the charge for the 28 miles, according to the car's displays. That calculates at ~82 miles range for the way I drove. I think that is consonant with the EPA 87-miles range. It had a range package but it was not charged with the fullest possible range.

I was told by a sales agent that there will be several external and internal changes for the 2015 model. He did not tell me what they are. Has anyone heard any details about that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY6-g2WXM7E

Check out this: http://www.motorauthority.com/news/...nz-b-class-gets-sporty-new-look-and-more-tech
"In the area of technology, the updated B-Class can be ordered with a keyless entry and start function, an active braking system that can automatically apply the brakes when there’s risk of a rear-end collision, and an upgraded driver monitor that uses a five-stage bar display to visualize the driver's current attention level when highway driving."

Back