Dealer offer hilarious

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Comanchepilot

Last month we received a solicitation for a new B class lease from the dealer we bought the car from.

Offer said we could get $10,000 lease down payment cash from MBFS, $4000 from them, PLUS all state and federal rebates. Run that number on a B class at retail in a normal MB lease and the payment is less than zero - its close to -$100 a month. So they're gonna pay us to buy the car. Sure.

Plus you needed to buy from 'dealer stock.' Anybody know where to find a NEW B Class right now ?

So on a lark I called the salesperson - and boy was she excited to know we liked our MB so much we wanted to buy another one. I referenced the letter - which of course she had no clue about - and then scanned it and PDF'd it to her.

Got a call back saying we could lease a new one for $299 - which I knew was not the offer made to me - so I asked for a breakdown - and there was no separate $7500 Federal rebate [already part of the $10k] no $4000 dealer credit, so I pointed that out - and she got confused. Then started spewing excuses.

Then I asked to speak with the dealership manager - who did return the call. I went through the story and said - the letter standing alone is an astonishing misrepresentation - you don't have any cars. No one does. You are soliciting business for a vehicle MB discontinued 4 months ago - and making an offer you cannot hope to satisfy. The offer she made me would have to be bait and switch - they have no vehicles in their inventory, and have no hope of getting any.

He said he'd get back to me . . . . two months later I'm still waiting. It pains me to think that MB is operating like a buy here pay here outfit on a street corner somewhere.

Geez, I did not get that letter and I have owned/leased 5 Mercs so far. Don't I feel unloved.

Good one C.

Back