2017 Options & Standard Features

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dot4f

Does anyone have a PDF showing the complete listing of standard & optional equipment & packages for 2017?
I have been able to located this for 2016, but not 2017.

Some odd things I've noticed with a lot of 2017 models:
The tray-tables & seat back pockets appear to have been removed on many of the 2017 models -- I can't figure out why -- maybe after some production date?
When these are removed, the underseat bins are also removed

Was all of this cost cutting when the price was lowered in 2017?

For 2017, was cellular connectivity updated to 4G LTE instead of 3G that may have been in previous years? Definitive info (for the US) seems hard to come by.

dot4f,

There is a brief listing of options on the Motor Trend review of the car. You can find by searching 2017 MB B250e.

I rarely used the installed MB connect functions so do not know the answer to your cellular question. As to accessories, yes, my kids were disappointed when I replaced the 2014 with a 2017 and their beloved tray tables were gone. Instead, we got front seats with expandable leg support.

Pretty much decided to return the leased 2017 in September as due to covid not really driving much. Will revert to our two ICE cars. When one is retired will see what new EVs MB rolls out for the US market.

Thanks...
I think I found the Motor Trend post, but the info was wrong, and far from complete - here's about all the useful info from their post:
New for 2017

Mercedes-Benz reduced the starting price, added a new Lunar Blue metallic paint, Electric Blue interior package, and restructured the B-Class' packaging structure for the 2017 model year.

What I'm looking for is a US / North American PDF Brochure like the 2016 model had:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nubOkg5cfBF_cpwoXnQJT63AIJAd0QjK/view?usp=sharing

Or like the 16/2017 UK Model has - this one has a lot of detail:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1muey30_9oCv5FBYgxe4ybeXmZ6B2iA8O/view?usp=sharing

It seems all Mercedes made for 2017 for the B-Class is this worthless marketing document, that covers multiple electrified products vaguely:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/170dTkH9Nwck_u-AMTH_bDfa8nlHTMZmy/view?usp=sharing

What I'm looking for is a document that:
  • Lists the names of each package for 2017
  • Lists what is exactly included in each package
  • Lists standard equipment
  • Available exterior colors
  • Available interior colors & materials
  • Any mention of things like mobile apps, functions, 5-year terms, etc

As I'm shopping for a used 2017, it seems that many more models were equipped with Heated Seats and/or Blind Spot Monitor, than in previous years, which makes me wonder if some of these items may have been added to an option package?
It also seems that a lot of cars were produced with all the options you may have found in a package, but instead, the car was built without the package -- the options instead were just applied ala carte... Seems like that would have been more costly to configure that way, but maybe there were reasons (you couldn't have X with Y or something) -- that's what a guide may help clear up.

It seems like some 2017 models still had the tray tables, bins, nets, etc... It was only after a specific production date (not sure what that is) that these were removed.

Right now, with all the 2017 models flooding off lease, there are some values to be had. There are fewer 2016 models listed for sale currently.
Part of me wants a late-production 2016 so I don't miss out on the deleted interior items, but another part of me says go for a 2017. *Hopefully* the Drive Unit will be more reliable in a later-produced model -- but who knows for sure about that. At least, I'd get ~1 year of warranty on most off-lease 2017 models.

dot4f,

No question you want a 2017 to have some remaining original warranty coverage. Sorry about Motor Trend errors.

At the time, being in the Northeast, all the cars here had heated front seats as part of a package. While mine had only a few options, it also had rear backup camera, blind spot assistance. No paddles, no navigation, no radar assistance or self parking.

Most cars imported to US seemed be be more finished than mine. If I can find my sticker or sales docs, will pdf and post it.

http://www.auto-brochures.com/makes/Mercedes_Benz/B-Class/Mercedes%20Benz_US%20B-Class_2016.pdf

sorry.. misread this. though you were looking for 2016. this is the US 2016 Brochure. it's rare to find one with all the available options. actual leather and parking sensors seem to be the rarest options. some features were dropped for 2017 as they were fading the model out.

there is no longer any ability to control/view the car from a mobile app. the cars have the capability, but MB discontinued all service for it. highly, highly disappointing.

I know this is not a question for here, and I know people will say this question has been (sort of) asked & answered before... But after digging, I can't find a real "answer" -- maybe someone knows for "sure"?

It's been well documented that early drive units failed (often, multiple times for some).
1) was this issue ever resolved?

2) are we sure -- or do we not know for sure yet?

3) was there an actual part / part number change?

4) when - after what production date, did any change or improvement occur? -- People often have speculated Model Year 17 might be OK, but what is this speculation based on? Just the assumption that because Tesla fixed issues in Tesla cars, the B250e thereby got their failure prone component(s) updated?

5) People saying 2017 is probably OK often mention that Tesla fixed their cars, okay, fine, but that doesn't mean Tesla didn't ship a container full of old drive units to Mercedes years in advance, and perhaps Mercedes was pulling old stock all the way up to the last 2017 models -- they didn't sell a ton of B250e's so is it not totally implausible something similar to this occured?

6) If we knew what production date the issue was fixed, we my find that some 2016 models also have the same fix -- just depending on when they were built-- that's a major reason I'd like to know not just if, but when, the issue might have been resolved.

dot4f said:
I know this is not a question for here, and I know people will say this question has been (sort of) asked & answered before... But after digging, I can't find a real "answer" -- maybe someone knows for "sure"?

dot4f,
Great questions! We'd need an inside person at MBUSA to research this topic, until then we speculate...

Sorry I don't have better news.

Peter,

So I ended up buying a 2017, that is reasonably well optioned:
  • Premium Package 3
  • Heated Seats
  • Parking Pilot
  • Blind Spot Assist

Yet somehow, this car does not have the 12-Color ambient lighting, it's just one color (amber).
In 2016, it looks like this feature was part of the "Premium package".

Since I couldn't find a breakdown of what was included in 2017, I wasn't aware this would have been omitted...

What a strange thing to cheap out on, right?
Not that I care that much about interior lighting-- it's just odd to not be fitted to this well particular car.

Yes, it seems like they omitted several things for 2017, but I don't have a list. I'm bummed they never offered the panoramic sunroof that you can buy on other B class vehicles in other markets. That would make my 2016 just about perfect.

Back