Hello from Portugal (my PM reply stuck in Outbox)

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffRay

Hello JoaoPintoReis,

I was quite happy with my zippy electric B250e. I leased a 2014 and 2017, each for three years, and returned both rather than pay the residual buyout price. The main factor was that the 90 mile range during the warm months was okay but the 60 mile range in colder months was not okay. I live in the city and do not have a place to charge overnight. At work, they only had a 110v outlet. So my decision was to return the car and await longer range choices in 2021.

My salesperson indicated that the 2022 EQC could be coming to the US in 2021. If nothing else tempts me, that will be my next electric car.

Be sure to read the posts about how to check out the used B250e to ensure good operation and active warranty, especially the battery warranty.

Post online if you want to get responses from the rest of the long time owners.

Hello.
I am thinking in change my bmw 525d to a mercedes b250e.
The other option was the bmw i3, but it is too small to change for the moment.
I think that these are the two best cars value for money, in used option, in what i want.
I want a fast car (less than 8seg to 100km/h. And a good price.
The autonomy, for me, is not a problem. I just do 50km per day. And i can charge at home.
So... i was reading about the b250e. And, the (almoust) only and big problem is the leaking problem of the coolant?
And... is it in all versions? Or was it repared in the more recent models?
Hope to ear from you.
Regards
Joao

Joao-

This has been a small number of vehicles with that issue and most seem to be the earlier cars. There is no way to know if a car will experience this issue unfortunately. I have 44k miles and have had no problems with my car.

Hello.
Thanks for your answer.
That is something that i have already seen! Is that only early models have this problem. Have not seen none after 2016 refering this issue.
Thanks anyway!

Back