Is this a good car still for a daily driver

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fredmccann

Hi guys I am really drawn to the idea of purchasing a 250e as my grocery getter and daily driver. My wife drives a Volt so I am somewhat familiar with the concept. My local MB dealer has 5 2017S that have come off lease. The one I'm looking at has 17k miles and is 15,800. My question is on cost of ownership. Aside from the desiccant pack tesla requires annually is there anything else? I had a Volvo that put me in the poor house with maintenance costs so I'm hesitant.

Fred (I assume),

That is a good price. My lease buyout was at $19.5K on a 2017. You can probably negotiate lower. With the exception of initial issues with 2014 motors and some rarer motor issues with 2015-2017, EVs are usually trouble free.

You will want to confirm the remaining warranty on car AND the battery. The latter requires annual MB inspection, if skipped, no warranty.

The extras are:

1. Get an extended warranty that covers the electrical, motors, and battery. A couple of grand (look up post on this as I forget).

2. If you need parts, as a discontinued model, getting harder to get original OEM. Normal for any discontinued line but this one only ran for 4 years.

THIS IS A PERFECT GETABOUT, WHETHER YOU LIVE IN URBAN OR SUBURBAN. Plus you know all about charging or your wife does and she can tell you.

Back