New B250E Owner Here!

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neuve90

Hi all! Hope this forum is still somewhat active. I just picked up a 2017 B250E in relatively clean condition with a bit of warranty left remaining. I put a decent amount of miles this weekend and get about 3.5 mpkwh, which is not too bad, considering I don't pay too much attention to driving style.

Of course, I'm driving around cautiously trying to spot any odd noises (none so far). And I'll be checking out the coolant issue before taking it in. As far as options, a little disappointed I only have amber ambient lighting, but I'll be looking to add CarPlay software at the dealer and maybe some tints. The all-weather run flats are rough so I will probably change tires.

Any other tips for a new owner are appreciated. I'm near DC so if anyone is around here, I'm down to meet up.

hey neuvo90 (or newguy),

congratulations. i loved my two B250e but alas, the leases ended. i also ditched the run flats for some soft ride michelins but as a precaution, bought myself an air compressor and put it in the boot.

i assume you meant you were going to drive it but take it in before the end of the warranty for a dealer to check everything out. suggest you go in and ask them to check your battery and motor, perhaps saying you are a new owner and read about the possible issues on the forum. also be sure that the dissidant cartridges were replaced. last, they should be able to tell you the battery health and have them do the annual battery check to maintain the remaining battery warranty.

yeah, i just got a new car and the Android Play is heaven compared to the COMAND system.

enjoy the ride sir!

btw, the "new guy" reference is from the movie Get Smart. you can youtube it.

Thanks Jeff for the new guy welcome.

I'll look into some other tires & I appreciate the information on servicing the car. I hear whirring up to about 40mph but no grinding/whining/milling - so I think I just have to get used to how EVs sound. Or it could be wheel related, but I'll figure it out.

And yup, CarPlay and AA are essential - are you referring to your new GLC?

neuve90,

most likely, the pleasant whirring is the sound of an electric motor. it should not be loud but more in the background. tires normally make a different sound. but have it checked out at dealer before the base warranty goes poof. if my memory is correct, please check posts, the battery warranty is longer but only if annual checks were done.

yes, was referring to our new glc. my dealer had EQCs in the shop in nyc a couple of years ago but MB decided they needed them in europe to meet stricter emissions requirements. otherwise i would have been one of the first to get one. thought about importing one but it was too much to take on in 2020.

there are really good posts here, try different searches on a rainy day.

Nice! Beautiful ride. EQ is next for me if I can handle the price.

Definitely a wealth of information on here. Weather was mild today and it was practically silent, so I assume the whirring before was the battery being cooled down.

Back