Oregon Lease comparisons

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EchoDelta

Hello all, a quick intro - from Seattle here, been driving PHEVs for 3 years and want to have a fully electric small car. Between the Leaf and the B-Class it seems engineering wise the B-Class is a clear winner. It's still not being sold in WA, however so we may head out to Oregon to get it.

Would anyone here mind sharing their Oregon lease experience or any advice? This was the first quote we got:

Model: 2014 w range, multimedia, blind spot, premium add-ons; base price 49,945 , "discount 12,300" -> adjusted price 37,645
36 month
down $4300
monthly $397.83

In oregon there is no sales tax for EVs. Are there any other incentives if I'm leasing? (I'm assuming the 7500 tax rebate does not apply for a lease)

I'm new to the forum (& leases), any advice about how to go about negotiating this is appreciated!

EchoDelta said:
Hello all, a quick intro - from Seattle here, been driving PHEVs for 3 years and want to have a fully electric small car. Between the Leaf and the B-Class it seems engineering wise the B-Class is a clear winner. It's still not being sold in WA, however so we may head out to Oregon to get it.

Would anyone here mind sharing their Oregon lease experience or any advice? This was the first quote we got:

Model: 2014 w range, multimedia, blind spot, premium add-ons; base price 49,945 , "discount 12,300" -> adjusted price 37,645
36 month
down $4300
monthly $397.83

In oregon there is no sales tax for EVs. Are there any other incentives if I'm leasing? (I'm assuming the 7500 tax rebate does not apply for a lease)

I'm new to the forum (& leases), any advice about how to go about negotiating this is appreciated!

That looks reasonable. I paid 36K for a car without the blind spot but the other options. After 2 months I love the car! The 7500 is part of that 12K. Mercedes takes the 7500 and gives it back as a price reduction.

The main problem is you have to take a car off the lot with existing options. I would have liked the paddles and blind spot. My dealer had two white cars. Both had the two main options and this one had the range option I wanted. Oh well, the deals are great. I wonder how much the discounts will be on the 2015 cars if they finally arrive.

Thanks GlennD. Definitely I hear you about taking an existing inventory car. (Alas, not every car company is like Tesla).
The one with the range extender and options is the bluish one; not my favorite.

Anyone else has some recent reference points for leases? If the 2015 model has noticeable changes (beyond the options), can that be used to drive a bargain?

A few of the known differences...

Additional wheel options
A larger nav/infotainment screen
Updated nav system
Range package is standard
Some color options are gone
Keyless entry and slotless "ignition"
Updated styling

EchoDelta said:
Anyone else has some recent reference points for leases? If the 2015 model has noticeable changes (beyond the options), can that be used to drive a bargain?

ED, clearly it seems like west coast dealers are asking more than east coast ones for 2014 leftovers. You can see the other thread that shows someone getting $269 per month and $1700 down. I bet you could score one on the east coast and have it shipped to you at a lower cost. If you want to explore this with my NY salesperson, I can put you in touch with her.

(Super helpful JeffRay, thanks. One internet for you!)
I have no idea, in the past we have bought our MB and any other car locally... I'm assuming moving a vehicle would cost like $1500 which would pretty much offset approx 30% of those savings. Any experience with such costs?
But good to know others seem to want to push '14 inventory too

That cost sounds about right from the dealer as they ship all the time in those big trucks. We looked into shipping my mom's Honda Element cross country alone and it was $2500. It is still sitting here as she bought a new Honda Civic instead locally.

It is just a thought. If you prefer to deal with local dealer, very understandable.

EchoDelta said:
(Super helpful JeffRay, thanks. One internet for you!)
I have no idea, in the past we have bought our MB and any other car locally... I'm assuming moving a vehicle would cost like $1500 which would pretty much offset approx 30% of those savings. Any experience with such costs?
But good to know others seem to want to push '14 inventory too

I'm from WA too and just closed a good lease deal with Portland area dealer with a very close to number what others are indicating. PM me if you need the contact info.

Back