Deciding between 14/15 Lease

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

preilly44

Hello all,

I'm debating between leasing a 14 and 15 BCED. I really like the keyless feature as well as the Garmin Nav and bigger screen. I would be getting one fully loaded in both years so standard features don't make much of a difference to me. Other than the three items I listed above, are there any other differences?

Also, what are the best deals people are getting these days for a 14 or 15? My local deal has great prices on 14s and said they don't have any room to move on 15s. Is there room for negotiation on 15s? We didn't really talk numbers much but I think they said a loaded 15 would be around $480/month with $1k down and a loaded 14 would be around $370/month with $1k down. I plan on putting more down but those are the numbers they used.

Thanks in advance!

Patrick

If you are on the East Coast, yes they have to get rid of the '14s first so those are better deals.
On the West coast, they sold most of their 14s so they are willing to deal the 15s.

Here is 15 lease I just got in CA on May 23rd:
$2,500 down (note will get $2,500 rebate check back from state of CA), so $0 net
$285 a month for 3 years (includes tax)
That is on a $46K MSRP

Hi ToddB, congrats on your new B class. Can you share which model year is your new ride, and which dealer did you go to?

Thanks

Sorry, I should I have stated. I'm in Bethesda, MD near Washington, DC.

Do you think if I wait a month or so I can get a deal on a 2015? I'm looking to put $3k down and be at $375/month for an MSRP of $51k. Do you think that is possible or should I just got with the 14?

Thanks for your input!

Patrick

We just signed on a '14 lease on Monday. Black/Black MB tex, P01 Premium Package, Radar recuperative system, Walnut Trim, Blindspot assist, and Multimedia.
My wife really wanted the tan/beige interior, but I called about 20 dealers in the SF Bay area, and even on the east coast. Nada.
The sales rep came back to us with a sweet deal that I didn't even bother haggling over: $30468 invoice. Since it had a few other bells and whistles from the base in the advertised deal, and we only wanted to put $2k down, so our monthly is $238 (+T&L).
Residual set at $22517.
True Car was giving me a TMV invoice of around $37k.

-M

Wow, that is an impressive deal. My dealer said they can do any deal on the east coast that the west coast dealers can do but he didn't come close to that for a the 14.

I found out that the 14's and even the 15's can't charge on a schedule like my Tesla and VW E-Golf can so I think I'm going to hold off either for a better deal or a software update that allows that functionality. I have Time Metered electricity and it is much cheaper to charge from midnight to 8am.

Thanks for all your help! Feel free to keep the updates coming with deals you are getting! If I can get them to match one of your great deals I'll do it even without the charging feature.

preilly44 said:
I found out that the 14's and even the 15's can't charge on a schedule like my Tesla and VW E-Golf can so I think I'm going to hold off either for a better deal or a software update that allows that functionality. I have Time Metered electricity and it is much cheaper to charge from midnight to 8am.

There are several Home Chargers that have these timers built in, so there's always that option.
Or even a industrial outlet timer can work.

Yeah, I've read that. Unfortunately, I just had one installed for our VW E-Golf (that has the timer built in) and the charger I installed doesn't have the feature.

Thank you!

Patrick

This is what I paid.

2015 with a $43K MSRP in Socal.
$270/month, tax included. for 36 months
$2500 down, returned by CA.

preilly44 said:
Yeah, I've read that. Unfortunately, I just had one installed for our VW E-Golf (that has the timer built in) and the charger I installed doesn't have the feature.

Thank you!

Patrick

While I consider it crude several swear by the pool timer that they installed in series with their EVSE. Check it out, The timer is mot a major expense.

When you say $2500 down, you really mean $2500+extra fee or you mean $2500 drive-off (all cost included). Thanks.

ToddB said:
If you are on the East Coast, yes they have to get rid of the '14s first so those are better deals.
On the West coast, they sold most of their 14s so they are willing to deal the 15s.

Here is 15 lease I just got in CA on May 23rd:
$2,500 down (note will get $2,500 rebate check back from state of CA), so $0 net
$285 a month for 3 years (includes tax)
That is on a $46K MSRP

Or by default, here when you san 2k down, or 3k down, do you mean total drive off cost, or just the down payment (exclude extra fee like Acquisition fee etc)

We should quote total drive off costs including the first months payment. The dealers will play with the different buckets to suit their needs.

Also, I find in easiest to just compare total cost for 3 years. Good deals are running 24-25% of the MSRP on a 2014 with a 10K mile lease. $48K MSRP should be about $12k total out of pocket no matter how you slice the upfront and payments.

Back