Recent lease or purchase transactions

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blaferty

I'm considering leasing a '16 or '17 after lease ends on my '14 on 6/30/17.

Please share your actual transaction info if you have recently leased or purchased
a new '16 or '17.

Thanks

There is the website offer mentioned previously. I for one am looking to pick up a new one in December when my 36 month lease runs out. Dilemma is same color or something different. I figure it will get harder for them to unload the 2016 and 2017 as the time to 200 mile range cars show up. Wonder when the Tesla 3 is going to show up.

My feelings on Tesla is that if it happens it happens. My 1kilobuck deposit will not kill me if they go belly up but I am optimistic.

GlennD:
How do you like the eGolf?
What do you know about the 2017 with increase in range
over 2016?

blaferty said:
GlennD:
How do you like the eGolf?
What do you know about the 2017 with increase in range
over 2016?

My current eGolf suits me just fine. The added range of the upcoming eGolf would only mean I charged less frequently. It has most of the Mercedes B's bells and whistles and I like the looks so I am happy. I wanted Drive assist so I got a loaded SEL. Gray is OK but my previous two cars were white. The gray is growing on me though. The dealer had two grays and a black. I will never again have black. Everyone should have only one black car, never again without a little boy with a feather duster.

I used to drive to work (19.6miles) but now that I am retired my mileage is trivial. I purchased the eGold on 9-16 and I only have 4000 miles on it. I go to the TRW swap meet every couple of months (39.6 miles one way) and at 100% I usually arrive home with a quarter of the battery left. These days that is my longest trip.

I have a new 24 month lease on a leftover 2016. Lease on my '14 ends 6/30/17.
Shipping car from CA to GA. Deal is almost good enough to justify shipping?

Discount of 34.6% off of MSRP
MF: .00001 - yes, that's right
Residual: 46%
Monthly Pmt. $400 plus GA tax
Cash at signing: $795 lease acq. fee plus tag/title fee of $46 plus 1st month pmt.

Looking forward to some new technology in two years.

Great info, thanks. Did not know that 24 months was an option. Given lower upfronts, the monthly rate looks good compared to their advertised $299 for 36 months.

Enjoy the ride.

I'm still in progress finding a dealer, but the sister site for VW e-Golf is getting really hot enough that I'm debating if MB Is worth keeping.

Specifically the MB Service charges are not going to be friendly in a long run... I'm seriously thinking about turning it back in for either 2016 or 2017 e-golf next March.

See reference below:
http://www.myvwegolf.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1168

Boy it helps to be retired. I bought my eGolf SEL on 9/20/16 and I now have just over 3800 miles. I did my Mercedes A service by time and the dealer considered the car's mileage as nearly new.

Every couple of months (like today) I go to the TRW swap meet at 39.6 miles one way. Both cars had no problem with the trip at freeway speeds. Today I arrived home with about 30% of the battery left. That is my longest trip. It used to be around twenty miles one way to my job at Long Beach so that is gone.

2017 B250e with Interior package (leather seats), Package 3 (Comand/rear camera) and blind side warning - MSRP $49,000

negotiated "real market" price $39,000

Throw in $9,000 MB incentives: three year, 10,000 mile lease = $450/mos payment

Nice job. My NYC dealer was unable to do better than $4k upfront and $400 monthly. I may try what blaferty did and contact a CA dealer.

I was advised that the cost to move a car from CA to NY would be $1800 in a covered transport. I will have to keep that in mind when I talk to a CA dealer where most of the B250e are being sent or elsewhere west.

Check for uncovered option too, should be much less expensive. As risks to the paint job go, they are not any higher than if you were driving the car.
My car moved 2000 miles from OR to IN for $900. A dealer from CA originally quoted $700.

Drac,

Thanks. I should have thought of that. My kids like the B250e. My wife and I are going to look at the Ford compliance car today though, just curious. Plan is to see what happens between now and end of year even if it means we use my wife's gas wagon during the cold months.

Leased a 2017 B250e from my long time saleman in NYC. All the cars were out west but I noticed they got one in earlier this month. While I got competitive quotes from CA dealers, the cost to ship to me was around $1800. The CA dealers were Oxnard with $10K off a loaded 2016 and Encino with $2.5K off a loaded 2017 and were willing to assume two lease payments. Encino has a lot of the B250e.

So the deal I stuck was a competitive one but certainly you can do better by waiting. I did not want to wait.

MSRP of $42740
Cash price of $32740 so modest $2.5K incentive
Paid last two lease payments
$446 per month, $1800 upfront
7500 mile annual limit.

Last important piece is I am returning current car Thursday with four original tires in boot, they will put my snow tires onto new car along with plates, I pick up new one on Saturday.

We were offered lease 36 months 3K down, 10K miles/year - $400/month. They did offer us a bit better deal at the last minute (something like $385 a month, but I don't have it in writing so not going to speculate)

We didn't like the residual value they put into the agreement so we just decided to purchase the car.

Many German cars including Mercedes have inflated residual values. As long as you plan to turn in the car the high residual lowers the payments. If you plan to keep the car after the lease ends then it makes the purchase very high.

GlennD said:
Many German cars including Mercedes have inflated residual values. As long as you plan to turn in the car the high residual lowers the payments. If you plan to keep the car after the lease ends then it makes the purchase very high.

when you buy a car you get $7500 rebate...when you lease a car these $7500 go to the owner - dealership....when they don't subtract it from the residual value it is just wrong and shady imho....

Mercedes subtracts the $7500 tax credit from the purchase price (or capitalized amount). My understanding is that GM adds about half of the credit to the residual to reduce payments - but this makes the option to buy at the end less appealing.

Back