Bought a B250e - brand new

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Denis

He everybody,

Thank you for this forum and all the nice information. I bought a all new MB B250e Electric Art version. I was deciding between an used I3 and the B250e. Both dealers gave me their cars for a weekend to test. I preferred the better seating and range in the Merc (against I3 2014 model). Also in the Netherlands you get a 11kW charger in almost every streetcorner in my city(in fact there are 4 double chargers (so for 8 cars) in my neighbourhood). I don't drive much (3500 miles a year) and the farest distance is 31 miles to family (and yes, there's is even a 11 kw charger for two cars in the street)...but I can make it easy back on one charge. For work I use public transport. Now I try to figure out what kind of home charge point I will install, I think I do a slow one (3,7KW), since the fast ones are available in my street. The car can charge overnight, and if I need to charge between trips, a public charger would do fine.

I bought my car straight from the German factory, since they are selling their stock at a large discount. The dutch dealer don't match the price. Car is set for transport this week and will arrive in 10 (working) days....

Greetings,
Denis

Welcome Denis,

You will enjoy the ride for sure. In almost three years, I have only put 9000 miles on my leased 2014. Pretty much use just to drive to/from work and to run local errands. Family of 4 fits comfortably. Wish we had more public charging stations but even without manage to get by most weeks on single full charge with top ups at workplace outdoor outlet. When temperature drops below 40 F, then have to recharge during week.

Back