JeffRay

Re: Reenlisted

Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:05 pm

WantOne,

So I had the NAV in my 2014 but leased a 2017 stripper. Since I only drive locally, I know my way around. I do use my smartphone and google or waze to avoid traffic jam ups. Bought a thingee to mount my phone on top of my dashboard, just like the Uber driver I am often approached to be. Sort of a poor man's HUD.

I did look at the Garmin SD program and reviewers claimed it worked in MB cars. Unless someone gets it for me for xmas (hint to wife), I can do without. You might want to peruse your favorite online vendor for a copy that can be returned if it does not work. If you buy the SD card from Mercedes, no thanks, it is a few hundred dollars.
Jeff in NYC
MB '06 E500W; MB '81 380SL
Retired: MB '17 B250e; MB '14 Be

in2insight

Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:07 pm

WantOne wrote:2 payments away and counting to re-enlist a 2017 one.

One question though, if I have a barebone without multimedia package, what’s the likelihood getting a GPS module attached to my screen? It’s just a bit easier to read the factory monitor than my phone from time to time.
While the 17 I leased has many of bells and whistles, Nav was not one of them (It's on package 3 which I did not need)
After a few weeks of CarPlay and the "wonderful" Apple Maps, I tried two things. First was an Android phone to see if its car version was better, and second the Gramlin maps on SD.
Long story short, suddenly CarPlay with Apple maps is just fine... :)

WantOne

Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:28 pm

Thanks both for answering. It almost sounds like CarPlay is really all that I need.

Also another quick question, is the distance sensor, the one that starts beeping 1.5 meter or closer, I did not see any option for that. Is that a standard feature?

JeffRay

Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:31 am

WantOne,

I think that is called Active Brake Assist which is standard. Radar Assisted Regen is an option.
Jeff in NYC

in2insight

Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:04 am

WantOne wrote:Thanks both for answering. It almost sounds like CarPlay is really all that I need.

Also another quick question, is the distance sensor, the one that starts beeping 1.5 meter or closer, I did not see any option for that. Is that a standard feature?
What you are refering too is part of the Parktronik package.
I have it and very much wanted it. It works okay, not as good as what our Volvo has, but very helpful.
Truth be told, the actual parking assistant, also part of the package, is not something I have used and may never use. (Giving up control is just too hard for me...)

WantOne

Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:47 pm

in2insight wrote:
WantOne wrote:Thanks both for answering. It almost sounds like CarPlay is really all that I need.

What you are refering too is part of the Parktronik package.
I have it and very much wanted it. It works okay, not as good as what our Volvo has, but very helpful.
Truth be told, the actual parking assistant, also part of the package, is not something I have used and may never use. (Giving up control is just too hard for me...)
LOL oh my goodness that is part of Parktronik!!! For almost 3 years on my Parktronik, I’m only able to use it once, and said to myself, I can park faster than it!

Though, the distance beeping is quiet useful for my garage. I use beep check to know how much more i need to pull up when parking in garage. It will be a very hard feature to let go.

JeffRay

Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:30 am

I2I,

My error, did not read the question closely enough. Thanks for correcting.
Jeff in NYC

oilerlord

Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:32 am

A long overdue congrats, Jeff. Sadly, you won't be leasing a third B250e since they have been discontinued but it doesn't take away from the fact that the car we love is one of the most underrated EV's on the market.

Reviewers tend to dwell on the car's (lack of) efficiency & range but there's only so much you can really know about a car until you've driven it for a few months. Outside of a Tesla, it's still the only decently sized, luxury EV out there that can be had for Honda Accord money. I don't like driving tin cans, which is exactly what the Bolt EV is. Sure it goes 238 miles on a charge, but for a select few of us - the rest of the car matters more. I'd rather drive 90 miles in style & comfort than 238 miles in a cheaply built car with the worst car seats ever made.

JeffRay

Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:03 pm

Thanks Oilerlord. Yes, you got it exactly right. The ride, roominess, standard MB finishes is what made the decision easier for me. No regrets.

You would appreciate this, now that temperatures have dropped into the 20s overnight here, I know, tropical by your standards, I find myself deciding that charging once a week is my pleasure so drive my wife's ICE wagon a couple of days and our B250e a couple just to preplan the simplest charging possible, near workplace or home. Both are interchangeable for transporting family around so another plus for our B250e.
Jeff in NYC

oilerlord

Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:39 am

It's been unseasonably warm here. For most of December, it's been between 30-40 degrees. It's just in the last few days that it's been down in the high teens, but the cold's coming. It's going to be below 0 next week. Another seasonal disadvantage is that our solar isn't producing much because of the short days. I've been forced to pay the outrageous 3.3 cents per kWh to charge the B.

https://easyview.auroravision.net/easyv ... Id=7466210

Return to “Buying/Leasing the B-Class Electric Drive”