2017 B250e lease transfer assumption takeover x 21 months

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Groshyubcha

Good morning,

I did something "silly" :( and rather than ruin my marriage will need to part with 1 of my vehicles.
Unfortunately, I leased a fun ICE vehicle that I have wanted for as long as I can remember (under the impression that I can transfer the lease whenever I wanted b/c the price was phenomenal compared to comparable leases) but I did this w/o consulting my wife.

She saw the car, refused, and now I am left with a car she will not get into, and dealer will not take back (tried 3 hours after driving off the lot and they said 'NOPE!' The only option is selling the vehicle off lease, which is unlikely since 2018 are out now.

In any case: 2017 B250e Blk/Blk (lane departure, backup camera, NAV ready) w/ 1400 miles on the odometer @ $305/mo x 21 months w/ 7500 miles/year. The buyout is $29,000 I believe if one wants to purchase it. Interested parties that qualify for transfer will need to pay the lease transfer fee $595 (which I will split with you if approved or pay for 1 month of lease for you).

If someone buys my other vehicle (unlikely) will rescind this offer if someone has not accepted it, as this little tank is amazing in snow given the recent snowfall around Philadelphia.

G,

Check your Pennsylvania state law. Some states allow people to return cars within a period of time. Nevermind why you are returning. It will be hard to transfer your lease without taking a hit. Man, I just leased a 2017 or it would have been perfect for me as I am a couple of hours away from you.

Seriously, look into PA car sale laws.

Thanks Jeff,
Exhausted so many options. PA has no cool off period unfortunately. Carma allowsmit and some of the high end dealers do as well. But not RDS automotive. Fingers crossed someone wants one lol!
Best part about the B-class is educating new people about what electric cars are all about. Great cult.

Groshyubcha said:
Unfortunately, I leased a fun ICE vehicle that I have wanted for as long as I can remember (under the impression that I can transfer the lease whenever I wanted b/c the price was phenomenal compared to comparable leases) but I did this w/o consulting my wife.

She saw the car, refused, and now I am left with a car she will not get into, and dealer will not take back (tried 3 hours after driving off the lot and they said 'NOPE!' The only option is selling the vehicle off lease, which is unlikely since 2018 are out now.

So I get this straight, the "problem" is you leased a gasoline vehicle your wife doesn't like (or approves of) but it's the car you want to keep so you're trying first to unload the B (a car she probably DOES like). You did this on a whim, without first talking about it with your wife, and just think it's reasonable to force your wife to accept this situation. Did I miss anything?

Sorry for the tough love, dude but I get why she's angry. You're going to take a financial hit either way, but the root of your problem is the ICE vehicle. Dump it.

JeffRay said:
G,

Check your Pennsylvania state law. Some states allow people to return cars within a period of time. Nevermind why you are returning. It will be hard to transfer your lease without taking a hit. Man, I just leased a 2017 or it would have been perfect for me as I am a couple of hours away from you.

Seriously, look into PA car sale laws.

California is a no recourse state. If you drive it off the dealers lot it is yours forever. There are signs prominently posted affirming this at car dealers. I think the law requires this.

This thread is from a month ago - checking to see if it resolved. My 2014 lease is up soon and debating options.

tom

Tom, you might want to PM Mr. G so he sees your question.

In terms of electric options, when I looked around a few months ago, it was the usual suspects. In the intervening months, I have come to the view that leasing a new 2017 B250e inexpensively remains a good bridge to more choices in 2 years time. That works if your experience with the 2014 met your needs. I did ride in a friend's Tesla X. Dreamy car. If Tesla 3 is available, I would look at that.

Back