Day one. :(

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KazeGo

Went out this morning and found this message:

“Malfunction visit Workshop” with two sprockets.

So far they’ve told me that they found “codes”

*sigh*

The car started and drove...

More to come.

KazeGo,

Read the posts on this message. Given your reports of iffy maintenance by prior owner, you need to be sure that all software upgrades were done. Worse than message is if the vehicle stops while in motion as a result of a software that has not been updated.

Inform the dealer of what you learned so they can ask specific questions to MBUSA. Again, given your reports of dealer, they will be clueless first go round.

Well, got a call from the dealer. They said that the car will need an “electronic drive motor” which has to come from Germany. 3 to 4 weeks. I’m not sure what that is. Have anyone else have one replaced?

I want to thank you guys for educating me on this car.

KazeGo,

That was fast. Bad news is you bought one that was not taken care of. Good news is you get a new motor. Check out extensive posts on this topic. It will end well but will take time to get part before you get car back.

Many times this message goes away at the next power up. I had this message also but it has not reoccurred. You could be an unlucky one but that is why the car has a warranty.

All

I got the car back and I have another question. Charge the car this morning at work and it charged to 94 miles. Drove home, 8 miles and when I looked, 71 miles. I even scored 89% on the eco meter. Does that sound normal? Mind you, it was 100 degrees and I was running the AC at 72 degrees.

Your thoughts?

Good grief. Bring it back to dealer. This is unusual.

As to you other question, don't rely on your GOM, guess o meter. Do the calculus in your head. You know the capacity, around 27KwH, you know how much you used, i.e. the new percentage, you can see the MperKwH on the screen. This is your true estimated range, not the GOM which does a calculation but no one knows the formula.

For urban stop and go, you should be getting 2.5 to 3 MperKwH unless you hot foot it at starts. For highway, you should be betting 3.5 to 4 MperKwH unless you are darting in and out of traffic. Since you are at 89%, it informs you are using the accelerator more than you need to for best mileage. Try to stay off the brake as well is another tip.

Jeff,

Got the car back from Mercedes and they said that it had something to do with the plug for the charger. They said that the male, female part connection triggered the message. My charger was new. I was told updates were done and yesterday, guess what??

“Malfunction, visit workshop.”

It’s going to be an interesting week.

**Update**

I got the back and the Malfunction gremlin is no more. The dealership said the cause was from the charge plug. There were a few connectors inside that were broken off and missing. I never noticed or thought to check. The message would happen after charging the car.

I have a couple of other questions. I’ve noticed that when you turn on the air conditioning, a loud “roar” or “airplane taking off” sounds happen. Also, while at a stoplight, Periodically the vehicle jerks forward a little bit.

Has anyone else experience these issues?

Back