MB dealer said there are other wheel options?

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newtoelectric

I was in at my Mercedes dealership today, talked out some financing questions on the B-Class Electric, and when we were talking about options, the dealer said there are other wheel options, but he didn't have images of any of them.

When I got home and went to the MBUSA.com website, they only have 1 wheel type listed.

Is my dealer wrong? Is the website not up-to-date?

Does anyone have any insight?

StevePL, what wheels do you have on yours? I see the image of your car is the front view so I can't see the wheels...

B-Class-Electric-Drive-first-vehicle-delivered.jpg

Not sure, but your are right the MBUSA site only has the one option.

Here is a picture of a different style of wheel on the Electric Drive on the Mercedes-Benz.com website
These could be the ones the dealer is talking about

15_B-Class_Electric_Drive.jpg

My dealership said the second wheel option is a 20 spoke silver wheel with matte black off the spokes, something similar to this (although this appears to be a 16 spoke wheel)

B-Klasse_Electric_Drive_0002_1230x692.496x280.jpg

There is another wheel option that is coming soon. I've only seen it on foreign sites (it's actually a wheel option for the C Class W204). Here is a link.

http://www.mercedes-benz.com.cy/content/cyprus/mpc/mpc_cyprus_website/enng/home_mpc/passengercars/home/servicesandaccessories/accessories/models/c-class_se/light-alloy_wheels.html

It's the 18" Multi Spoke with 20 spokes.

Steve L.

stevepl said:
There is another wheel option that is coming soon. I've only seen it on foreign sites (it's actually a wheel option for the C Class W204). Here is a link.

http://www.mercedes-benz.com.cy/content/cyprus/mpc/mpc_cyprus_website/enng/home_mpc/passengercars/home/servicesandaccessories/accessories/models/c-class_se/light-alloy_wheels.html

It's the 18" Multi Spoke with 20 spokes.

Steve L.

Thanks for the info, Steve. With the help of Photoshop, we put 1+1 together to make 2 - a picture of the B-Class with the 18 inch multi-spoke wheel on it, and posted it on our B-Class Electric Drive blog.

http://bclasselectricdrive.myevblog.com/2014/07/30/mercedes-b-class-electric-drive-wheel-choices/

The other wheel option definitely stands out more, and would likely be more aerodynamic as they are more complete, and flatter.
2014-B-CLASS-EV-GALLERY-004-GOE-D.jpg

More wheel option information for the B-Class electric drive. Robert went with the 'pancake' style base option wheels on his Mercedes and soon decided to upgrade to an 18inch wheel. Rather than pay $478 for each for the 18" multi-spoke wheels pictured above, Robert went for some 18" TWS Londrinda black wheels with a polished lip. He replaced the TWS center cap with an AMG Mercedes cap on a grey background. The result looks great, and is now being regerred to as the Batmobile!

b-class-electric-custom-wheels-BEV4.jpg

b-class-electric-custom-wheels-BEV7.jpg

b-class-electric-custom-wheels-BEV8.jpg

b-class-electric-custom-wheels-BEV10.jpg

Robert, thanks for sharing the photos!

I started a similar thread under pictures and vids.
There WAS an 18" wheel option on the mbusa build site but it was removed recently, within the last few days.
I believe this wheel was as shown two posts up on the silver car.

I wonder how those Londrindas would look on silver.

Back