What is the range at 100% charge?

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lkanthatham

I just purchased a 2014 B Class with 22K miles on it. When charging to 100%, the first day was 76 miles. There 2nd day, it was 70 miles. We never saw the the range at 87 miles ever. Is this normal?

The reason why we picked this car was because of the low mileage, knowing how the battery degrades over time.

We also have a 2016 Tesla Model S. It charges to the same level every night.

Should we be concerned?

I don't think so. Newbie syndrome possibly at play, fast starts ala Tesla which has a bigger battery and longer range. With the short legged B250e, you get max range if you treat it gently. Try driving in E+ mode with gentle starts and regen braking. Your GOM range will increase. For definition of GOM, search the forum which will lead to topics that elucidate more range stories than I wrote.

Also, this car has a Tesla battery and motor so battery degradation is comparable to Tesla, i.e. not too bad. MB has your car's annual battery evaluation, ask them.

Also, depends on your driving environment. Urban stop and go vs. highway. What is your average outside temperature?

There is no such thing as 100% charge in a B. With0ut range extender it charges to 80%. With range extender it will charge to 90% for that session only.

When charged to 100% (but no extended range) the B-Class should display 83 miles range. Try resetting the miles from Reset prior to charging - this should erase the past mpkwh calculatin to a default 2.5, which results in 83 miles range.

The meter says 100% of 80%. 90% does not show on the meter but it increases the GOM.

Really the meter just states the percentage of the standard 80% charge. Personally for running around town I charge at 75% of the 80%. That works for my limited mileage.

Very temperature dependent. Ours will charge to 87 miles easily in the summer time here in South Texas. In the winter time, (highs in the 60s, lows in the 40s) garage normally around kept around 60, we get 67 or 73 miles of range. With the range extender in the summer time we get over 100miles, winter is more in line with the 87 miles.

Everyone is talking about the guess o meter display. It is only an indicator based on previous behavior, Obviously if you only drive freeways at 75MPH the display will be lower . If you only drive city streets at 40MPH then the display will read higher, Remember it is only an estimate.

Back