Radar Assisted Braking

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffRay

After four years, had my first experience with radar assisted braking. Nope, it did not save me from hitting a standing object with family in car like in the commercials. Instead, I was driving at 10 mph on a cobblestone street in NYC. This particular street is a little worse for wear and there were a couple of metal plates on the road covering a work area. Next thing I know, the car decided to brake automatically, lurching to a stop. Again, only going 10 mph so not much of a big deal. I normally just roll over these plates but I guess this one must have been sticking up some. Thankfully, I was not traveling faster or the unexpected stop could have been harsher.

After this, I drive around the metal plates whenever possible.

Every once in a while the car brakes on its own. I usually ignore it and continue what I was doing.

i FIND THAT MY RADAR IS NOT DISCRIMINATING. iT ALARMS ON CARS IN THE NEXT LANE. i REALLY WISH I COULD TURN IT OFF!

Isn't that alarm the one for blind spot type detection? Does it also light up the red triangle on the mirror when it alarms?

the NOSE radar is completely separate from the side blind spot sensors. The real question is that it might show an error when unplugged I replaced the cone on my 2014 but the module remained plugged in. I really do not know. And it is too much work to test.

Back