Navigation and Bluetooth both died at once

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hallcp

The used 2014 B I bought last week has been doing great, but today the Navigation failed to load and it no longer recognizes my phone's Bluetooth.

I am just within the original warranty period by a few weeks, so hopefully this can be fixed. I imagine the Navigation's hard drive has bit the dust because it tried to load data, then just reverts back to whatever you were doing before.

As for Bluetooth going out at the same time, that seems more curious. Has anyone else experienced this twin failure?

Thanks for any ideas!

Just my two cents, but if I were a car maker today I would just support Apple CarPlay and Android Auto and not bother with much else. For example, I believe built-in navigation is not even offered on the Chevy Bolt EV, just interfaces to CarPlay and Auto.

Hallcp,

Since your warranty is about to run out, I would have your friendly service agent do a complete review of your car to see everything that is not perfect in the vehicle. It is your last chance. I might also suggest that you occasionally hear an high pitch whining noise so could they please run full diagnostic on the motor. Maybe they will find something. Check the battery as well and the charging port.

It is either dust as you say or a software gliche I suppose but this they should be able to diagnose as these systems are common to all MB. You might also ask them about upgrading the Apple Play module, if there is one.

Back