Bluetooth audio quit, now fixed

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hallcp

I had what I hope is an unusual experience with my 2014 B-Class the other day. The NAV system somehow corrupted it's data and at the same moment my Bluetooth audio disappeared from all the menus. Bluetooth phone seemed to be unaffected and the phone would still connect to the car.

Well the dealer reloaded and updated the NAV software and that's as good as new. But they either forgot to check the Bluetooth audio or just thought it was "user error".

So before I returned to the dealer I decided to search YouTube. What a resource! It turns out there are hidden configuration screens, known as "Engineering Mode". Here are the notes I made:

- Enter "Engineering Mode": Hold down Hangup-1-# for a few seconds
- Select "HW Setting"
- Select "HU Parameter"
- Enable "BT Audio" and "Bluetooth"
- Back->Back->pull joystick down->End

If you fail to end, the setting is not updated.

Just as shown in the video, https://youtu.be/soPFeP377co, Bluetooth Audio was turned off. Once I turned it on, Bluetooth audio started working again! It appears that other models of car have their own 3-key access code, but they all have an "Engineering Mode" with settings unique to each model.

Hallcp,

You are good. Please tell us a little about yourself in that how did you come to electric cars and what makes you so resourceful via internet? Both your recent posts have not been mentioned in prior 4 years to my recollection.

Back