My Mercedes Electric shutting down May 31, 2019

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rrattie

I really hope they have a replacement app ready, I just got this working and I've only had my B for 6 months.

I was caught off guard with this news. I hope the incorporate some of its functions into the ME app for BED owners.

I'm still going back and forth with MB to see if I can get some clarification. A UK owner on Facebook shared that they have a different newer looking app they use, and that's with a 2016 B250e.

Please let us know what you learn. Hope they don't leave us stranded without any remote charging functionality.

Just got my b class a week ago and can only get the Mercedes me app the b class app is no longer supported no point anyway use charge point at work and at home notifies me when fully charged

It sort of depends what you want to use an app for. To just know that it is charging and when it is done, a lot of apps like Chargepoint can do that. The other useful functions are an estimate on when it will be done charging and the rate KwH wise it is drawing power. The other is to set the climate control on/off when away from the car. Useful for hot days and cold days.

I would like to believe that MB is indeed transitioning to a new app as someone suggested. To leave us in the lurch would be pretty stupid as current MB customers and future EQC buyers.

BTW, bclassupstate, welcome, enjoy the ride.

Talked to MBUSA again today and so far the deal is:

"MB does not currently have any plans to provide a new or updated app for the BED vehicles, sorry for the inconvenience."

I would recommend calling and lodging your displeasure with this move on their part and reluctance to continue with the MB brand if this is how they treat customers.

888-454-9906

Wow, really.

I will complain to the head of sales at Mercedes Manhattan next time I roll in for the free charge and coffee. How dim witted not to support the POS Me app a little while longer until they have a proper one for the EQC they will be rolling out. This dealer is owned by MBUSA.

On year two of a three year lease on a 2017. One month notice that a paid service is shutting down?

Do you want me to not buy your brand again? This is how you get me to not buy your brand again.

We’re totally their target market too, having had a 2016 Volvo XC90 T8, a 2019 Land Rover Discovery HSE Lux, and a Corvette. Had the interior electronics of the GLS not been decrepit, we’d likely have picked it over the Land Rover.

Sounds silly but I hope they don’t “do away” with the “certified technicians” that are assigned to this vehicle.

Well..either they changed their minds or forgot to shut it down. My app is still working as of 1:37pm on the 31st. Also, the notification is not there anymore for me.

Anyone else?

I'm still getting the same popup but it does say that the service is no longer supported which doesn't mean its completely shut down. So if something or some update comes along and bricks it looks like MB won't pay to have it fixed imo.

Well well. I logged into MBme this morning and the EV features are gone. Not that they were all that useful.

On the other hand, the EVAccess app still works. It occasionally spazzes out but not sure where along the trail the fault is.

I only use to monitor charging remotely. Yes, in winter I use EVAccess to remote warm up car.

Well the My Mercedes Electric webpage/web app is down now also. Last contact with my car was 6:59pm U.S. east coast time.

This really bums me out. I found it really useful for monitoring charging. You never know when you end up at a faulty charger.

The climate controls were also very useful.

I can’t imagine how it would feel to be an owner of a 2017 BED and have the app be shutdown like that.

rrattie said:
JeffRay said:
On the other hand, the EVAccess app works.

Does it still work?

MB left a glimmer of hope earlier today. And then they killed it.

Evaccess still works for me, but I hope it's not next on the chopping block.

As of right now evaccess still works, so that means MB only killed the frontend. Backend connectivity services still work - which makes sense given the car can still be remotely unlocked/locked.

The 3rd party app for iPhone doesn't work anymore as far as I can see. So I'm not sure why that is if the Android app is working.

Back