Reading Battery Health ODB2

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stork

Hi all,

Is there any way of checking Battery Degradation or SOH (Battery State of Health) by using a Bluetooth ODB2 dongle and some APP?

I know there are apps for electric Renaults, Nissans, Toyotas, Mitsubishis which can read the battery info in each case but did someone try to use something on the Merc? The reason for this is that I am going to purchase a B250e - second - hand and would likely avoid asking each dealer/owner for permission to go to the nearest dealer to check this. Having it done while inspecting the car would be a huge gain...

Ask for the results from the last Annual Certification. The MB sheet will specifically state if the main battery is still within specifications. Also check out my post “Did you know?”

My $.02,
C

I think the simplest and fairly reliable way to measure SOH is to calculate the data measured and displayed by the car.

Please use this Google sheet, choose 1 of 4 green tables on the left regarding consumption display, enter the data in 4 white cells and the table should calculate the SOH value. After that, please enter your data to the blue table, so we can compare data and find our avarage SOH movement over time and relative to ODO. Don't charge using Range Plus (if available), so data can stay compatible.

The car measures the actual amount of energy going out of the battery for all internal consumers (drive, AC, electronics...), so this method is most credible if the consumption meter is accurate and if the SOC data reflects the actual situation.

So far, many EV models have shown that such a method of measuring SOH is relatively reliable and accurate.

Suggestions for table corrections and improvements are very welcome :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MhIb2_uad4Yq5F90tQBUBQTlUlr8RSrKh0zJs-wZOzw/edit?usp=sharing

Back