Charging Issues

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mohalkh

My 2015 B-Class Electric Drive hasn’t been totally charging recently, this issue has started week ago.
It is like whenever I plug it for charging it starts charging at the beginning and after a couple of hours the charger flashes red light and the vehicle stops charging. I have tried anther charging plug but same issue happened.
Does anyone experienced this issue before

I have not seen this. Does it charge at all? If so, how much, not in mileage but on the battery capacity gauge.

Mohalkh,

I see you are a new member, welcome.

Have only seen this once myself when using the provided charging cable. In that case, when it occured, I took it into the dealer under warranty to take a look. They said the cable was fine, the port in the car was fine, and the software was fine. They said it seemed like some moisture got into the port in the car or something happened to the electricity provided by the circuit I was plugged into.

So there are three things that could be at fault:

1. Bad cable. Check by plugging that cable into another charging outlet in a different location to be sure you are on a new circuit. It is not clear what you meant by changing charging plug by the way. If you get the same problem, it could be the bad cable but then proceed to step 2. I don't suppose you know anyone nearby with a B250e that you can try their cable?

2. Bad charging port. Check this by going to a L2 commercial charger to see if it charges without interruption.

3. Bad software/hardware. If you fail both steps 1 and 2, take the car to the dealer, have them plug it in and find out what is wrong.

Be sure you take care when plugging in that things are dry and that there is no dust or dirt in the charging plug or cable.

Let us know what you find out. If you are still under warranty, get the entire car checked out before it expires.

Have you found what it is the problem.
I have a similar problem that when I plug a three phase charger it charges for around two minutes and then stops.
Btw everything else (like driving)works fine. Only when charging the charger switches on for couple of minutes and then stops.

Any help please thanks

In the dash menu, go through settings and see what charge level you are set at. Dealer showed me in the past when somehow, the setting was switched from Max to lower. If that happened to you, then the car presumably would not accept the charge.

Sorry I am not in my car or I could guide you through the dash screens.

Back