erorr code p1c0300 -malfunction visit workshop

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rimom

my b250 stopped working , I have a malfunction error visit workshop message with red on board. called MB and sent out a guy with a tester .
error was p1c0300 something related to insulation resistance" had no clue what needs to be done and car needs to be toed ...however it is parked in such way that is very hard to reach , they don't have a tow-car that can lift it I guess because of the weight and I can't put the car in neutral .

anyone here has any hints about this error until I find a way to transport it ?

rimom,

I have gotten occasional red alerts and similar messages. In the morning, try to start again. Occasionally, like any computer, a reboot temporarily clears the message or allows you to move the car so it can be towed. DO NOT DRIVE THIS CAR GIVEN THE UNKNOWN FAULT. Have them put on flat bed truck to deliver to MB dealer. I don't recall any of our members reported this exact fault so unable to be more helpful.

From googling this fault, it is referring to the electrical system. OK if it is the regular stuff, not OK if it is related to the electric motor or battery. Have it checked out. Hopefully, you are covered by the warranty.

Good luck.

thanks for the reply ,

no warranty left so finger cossed, I'll report back in case other users encounter this issue.

found some similar error on tesla forums and seems related to battery heater

Just a guess, but could this be an issue with the 12V battery? A lot of people don't realize how integral the 12V battery is to the overall operation of the vehicle. It doesn't only power the radio and windshield wipers - critical functions also rely on it.

My car is a 2014 model. This winter, I started getting more of those "malfunction - visit workshop" yellow and red errors on occasions where the car has sat overnight in -10C. I changed the 12V battery, no more errors.

I would also add that Mercedes cars in general really need a healthy, very healthy, 12v battery to be happy.

AGREE. Great idea. Test the 12V battery and if not holding a full charge, replace it, and see if error message goes away.

JeffRay said:
AGREE. Great idea. Test the 12V battery and if not holding a full charge, replace it, and see if error message goes away.

Hello , quick update . Changed the 12v battery and car started with the message "without starting the engine again , visit workshop" so I drove it quickly while it was working to the workshop where it stopped working and the "malfunction -visit workshop "message poped up back on .

Until now they could not figure out what the problem is .

I'll keep you posted

rimom,

OK, step one done, getting it into shop. Now step two.

1. MB service will read out the error codes and then consult MB central. This can take time and is not foolproof.

2. If 12V battery is not being charged by the HV battery, this will lead to repeat error messages. Have them check this.

3. Software updates, be sure yours is current.

4. Drive unit, fingers crossed this is not the problem. Ditto with HV battery connectors.

5. Be sure they warranty everything they do as chances are this could take a couple of tries to get solved.

Sorry to be so cynical but our B250e are a marvel of engineering, in some ways, more complicated than an ICE car.

rimom said:
Hello , quick update . Changed the 12v battery and car started with the message "without starting the engine again , visit workshop" so I drove it quickly while it was working to the workshop where it stopped working and the "malfunction -visit workshop "message poped up back on .

Until now they could not figure out what the problem is .

Bummer...
Quick question, what model year and how many miles driven?
Is this an MB dealer's Service "Workshop" ?

Peter,

Hi, everyone,
Unfortunately, my Mercedes hasn't been running for 3 days, I have the same error code P1C0300 as yours, what was the cause? what did you notice?
I would be very grateful if you write me an answer,
Warm greetings
George

Hi , problem was the battery heater . they changed it .

guduna said:
Hi, everyone,
Unfortunately, my Mercedes hasn't been running for 3 days, I have the same error code P1C0300 as yours, what was the cause? what did you notice?
I would be very grateful if you write me an answer,
Warm greetings
George

hello, and how much have costed you to replace the heater ? i have the same problem and i want to know whaf to expect :)
thank you in advance :)

Looks like the first step is to read the fault codes. I just found out that the YOUCANIC scanner can read the codes on the B Class.

https://youtu.be/KskiQcvHDFA

They also have this article on the issue:
https://www.youcanic.com/mercedes-benz-p1c0300-fault-code-malfunction/

Back