Dash Buttons

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuckh007

Ok....I own a B250e but it is basic with no technology. So if I can add an image here I will but here is my questions. Starting on the left, there is the driver's seat heating button then next is a strange button for varying the fan speed for whatever ? Next is the drive mode, but what is E+ ?? Next the emergency triangle and next is what ? The range extender ( adding approx 17 miles to the range ) or what ? And next might be for Parktronic (automatic parallel parking ??) and does mean the car has front and back parking sensors that work ??? And then finally the passenger seat heating . Thanks

There is a nice picture in the should I buy topic you replied to. From left to right:

1. L heated seats.

2. I never use it but I think it is for cooling seats. High likelihood I am wrong on this.

3. Drive mode. E+ is the max coast setting and typically would get the longest range. E is regular, S is sport. The 2017 you were looking at also may have paddles to allow driver to shift on the fly. I fiddled with it but lost interest.

4. Range extender. Allows you to charge the battery up to 90% of KwH capacity. Tesla says charge up to 80% otherwise you start to degrade the cells faster. In a leased car, I always use the range extender as I plan to turn the car in after 3 years. If I owned it, I would only use the range extender in the winter months. Adds about 12.5% to your range.

5. Blank for Parktronic if you have that option. Neither of mine has or had so not sure on this one either but thought someone had said on a post.

6. R heated seats.

1. correct - heated driver seat
2. AC Rest.. I don't fully understand this function and have never used it but it has to do with allowing climate control to continue briefly after car is turned off. Oh, lots of MB users don't understand this function!
3. Drive mode, as stated. I ONLY drive in Sport. It makes the acceleration much more responsive.
Hazard lights
4. correct - allows to charge battery more fully.
5. Parktronic, yes. I have this feature and I only turn it off when going through the carwash.
6. correct - heated passenger seat

2. A/C rest. Is incredible in South Texas when running errands when the temps get above 85. Hit the button before you open the driver's door and it will leave the HVAC running for 45min at the cost of only a few miles of range < 4. No app needed, a simple button push.

The other folks answered the other buttons perfectly.

Ok...great....except the number 5 . Does Parktronic mean that the car functions not only with automatic parallel parking BUT also front and rear parking sensing. ( showing how close one comes to an object ) ??

Well, it's semi-automatic parallel parking. You still have to shift gears and work the pedals. Yes, it is most often used to judge distances. Will even go off if someone walks past your bumpers if you're in "gear".

Back