Pedestrian warning, blind spot and adaptive cruise

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woosty

Hi all,
Sorry to bother you again but I have some more questions

1: I have tried as tried to hear the pedestrian warning sound but cannot hear it. Is this something that can be turned on with an ObD reader?

2: when using cruise control it does not seem to have a radar function to stop me just running into the car in front. Is this just not an option on my car?

3. There is no blind spot monitoring. Again is that just not a function available on my car?

2015 B Electrit

Many thanks for your time,

Chris

Woosty said:
1: I have tried as tried to hear the pedestrian warning sound but cannot hear it. Is this something that can be turned on with an ObD reader?
My B250e emits a humming sound when driving below about 30kph. It's not too loud, I can hear it from the driver's seat with the windows closed.
Woosty said:
2: when using cruise control it does not seem to have a radar function to stop me just running into the car in front. Is this just not an option on my car?
Indeed! can be quite a surprise the first time... This is normal operation.
Woosty said:
3. There is no blind spot monitoring. Again is that just not a function available on my car?
Do you have the User Manual for your vehicle? Here's the description for the Blind Spot Assist:

: Warning display
Blind Spot Assist is not active at speeds below
approximately 20 mph (30 km/h). Vehicles in
the monitoring range are then not indicated.
When Blind Spot Assist is activated, indicator
lamp : in the exterior mirrors lights up yellow
at speeds of up to 20 mph (30 km/h). At speeds
above 20 mph (30 km/h), the indicator lamp
goes out and Blind Spot Assist is operational.
If a vehicle is detected within the blind spot
monitoring range at speeds above 20 mph
(30 km/h), warning lamp : on the corresponding
side lights up red. This warning is always
emitted when a vehicle enters the blind spot
monitoring range from behind or from the side.
When you overtake a vehicle, the warning only
occurs if the difference in speed is less than
7 mph (12 km/h).
The yellow indicator lamp goes out if reverse
gear is engaged. In this event, Blind Spot Assist
is no longer active.

Peter,

Thanks Peter, that was really helpful.

I’ve had a good look in my manual and there is nothing about blind spot assist and as my car was made in September 2015 I’m wondering if it was part of a drive assist package that was not optioned as I do not have any lights in my mirrors other than the indicators.

Shame but never mind

Chris

Chris,

My recollection (needs to be checked) is when I leased my 2014, one of the options was blind spot assist along with radar assisted parking and paddles to adjust regen braking. I leased it as is with all those options plus comfort package. When I leased my 2017, the one the dealer had bsa but not rap and no paddles so was cheaper. It had the comfort package.

So very likely the 2015 model had bsa as an option and yours did not come with it. Does yours have the paddles? I learned to drive fine without it by taking my foot off the accelerator and only tapping on the brake when I needed to stop at a light or in traffic. You have got the range extender, yes?

You can search and find info on the 2014-2017 models. There were very few changes as this was a compliance car that MB had to make to sell ICE cars into certain U.S. large markets (i.e. California). For example, the tray tables behind the front seats was replaced by standard pockets, the range extender was introduced in 2015 and made standard thereafter.

Yep that seems to be the case exactly. Mine has the paddles to change the re-gen braking and has parking assist (which isn’t great tbh) but I am fine at parallel parking so it’s not a problem

Back