Anyone else having problems with My Mercedes Electric?

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HarleyMYK

Whenever I try and use the B Class web app I keep getting
"Connection error
You will be logged out since the server is not
responding as expected. Please log in again."

The app worked once or twice, but now I just keep getting this message. Any ideas what is causing this? Extreme load on server due to year-end?

PS. I just got my B Class yesterday and loaded the app at that time.

Harley,

I feel your pain! I too just purchased the car yesterday and the B Class App is still DOA

In additon the "connected" elements of the car (Mercedes apps and Satellite radio) are not working.

Why should it take longer than 24 hours to have Mercedes activate these features? Crazy considering its 2014.

Looks like the apps and "connectivity" features of the car are half baked

The car on the other hand is NICE

Hey guys. I have driven mine since December 1st and have not bothered to activate these features. Bug your salesperson and let us know what you learn. The only app I have activated is the one for Chargepoint, which tells me status of charging at one of their stations. When it is done, it sends me a message and I tell the garage guys it is okay to unplug and park the car elsewhere.

Experience the car until these features come up for you. It is a blast.

For a while I thought it had something to do with my Android operating system on my Galaxy S5. I was able to use the MyBClass.mbusa.com web app successfully on my Win 7 computer with Chrome, once I allowed pop ups, but now I am having the exact same problem with Chrome on my PC.

Just a quick question. Did you activate the Mbrace account by pushing the Connection buttoned up by the mirror?

I'm not 100% sure however you may need to also activate owners online by calling customer support.

My sales person and I activated at the web site with a Mercedes code. It has worked a couple of times, but mostly fails with the connection error message reported above.

Having the same issue. Sometimes it comes back by logging out and back in a few times. It is fixed at times by clearing my history and cache but that may just be a coincidence.

For the past week or so, it's only working on my iPhone. Doesn't work from any browser on any computer I have.

I've been using it consistently on my iPhone, but I always log out and log back in. Sometimes I have to try it a few times.

My connection issues have disappeared as of sometime around 1/19/2015 and I am much happier with the app. They still can't get my time zone right, but at least I am always able to get in and the climate trick gets me an immediate sync. [Edit: The climate trick is to just go to the Climate control screen and select "Use climate control now." This forces a connection to the car and -for me at least- a sync will also occur, assuming the car can be connected. I believe that the car uses the Verizon network (I'm in Southern California) and your car must have a shot at Verizon cell reception at the time in order for the car to communicate with another device.]

Although a bit delayed to make that first of session login connection, and an occasional need to logout and login to force a sync, I've had little problem with it.
For my wife and I to both use it, we had to use a single account/password because the second account seems to not assign a vehicle with the same VVC.
In order to create the secondly created account/password, it was required that I use the same last name as the firstly created account associated with the VIN.
For the amount they must get charged by Verizon to connect to the vehicles, it seems as though the web app didn't receive much polishing, but when it works it's very reassuring. Videos online show a clearer labeling of the buttons in German language. It seems like there is a lot of low-hanging fruit for improving the clarity and ease of preparation for use of the app, but I'm glad to have it as it is now.

I tried setting up the app but it is asking for a VVC code. What is this code and where do I find or get it?

RAF,

I got my Code when I purchased the car from my sales person. They had to email a sales manager to get another email with the code.

Once you get your code all set up, I highly recommend using the EvAccess app if you are using an Android phone...so much better interface - designed by a B-Class owner...and free.

My B Class app on iphone stopped working a couple days ago (data fields blank, no updates). Waiting for MBCC to respond after sending in all of the required info. Is anyone else having trouble (who doesn't normally have a problem with the app)?

The app has certainly been updated in the last week or so. For the first time the charge profile actually has the remaining time to 100% working, the charge completion time always worked but the count down timer did not.

Maybe they fixed the charging status when using extended charge, that was always wonky. It would report not charging and 99% when it reality it was indeed charging but in the extended part of the charge. Then at full extended range charge it would all of sudden report fully charged and update the GOM.

What app are you using on an iPhone? The mbrace app is lame, all it can do it lock/unlock, honk the horn and locate the car. There is a web app I can use from my computer (and presumably from the phone), but I couldn't find a dedicated app that allows for the same functions as the mybclass.mbusa.com website. The web allows you to turn on the climate control, schedule the climate control to turn on, see the charging status of the battery and some other stuff. I really wish that MB had its act together when it came to all of this technology stuff, but its really a patch work. Take the giant 8" screen that we have in the middle of the dash that is NOT A TOUCH SCREEN FOR GOD's SAKE. WTF? I like the car and how it drives, but the electronic apps/web interface, etc is terrible and so is the integration of the large screen and the way everything works in the car. My RAV4 EV has a better Navigation/entertainment system than the B-Class and it doesn't even have a volume knob!

There is a new app for Android and iOS called EV Access that instantly connects to your car, and gives you up to date data. No username, password, no login either. I think EV Access is already fully functional on Android, and I am using a very early beta version on iOS that is perfectly fine for what I need "Charging Summary" -- Battery SOC in percentage , Charging/Not Charging, and Odometer -- oh and GOM (who cares!). Also time of last sync. The app is INSTANT -- no waiting.

For iOS you can't find it on the App Store yet -- I will find out if I can share the information.

Back