Pedestrian Warning Sound

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gd1

I have a 2015 B-Class and it shows in the standard features a Pedestrian Warning Sound (Code B53). I can't find any other description or documentation on-line, in the vehicle manual on the screen or the printed manual. does anyone know what this is and what it does? I had a Volt for 3 years and I had a 'friendly' horn and a regular horn and I thought this is what it was, but I can't figure it out.

Gregg
2015 B-Class
Universal Blue

This is a ticking sound that is made when the car is started up until it reaches some threshold speed. I didn't notice it until my wife was pulling out of the garage and I was in the outside. perhaps roll down the windows next time you start up to listen for it.

Yes noticed when my wife pulled away from the house. It shuts off at 20 MPH. (I read somewhere in the manual.) I would say is more of a whirling sound. Like a high pitched fan. I also noticed it shut off.....yes she was past 20 MPH by the time she got to the point I was standing. She is a lead foot but that is another story.....

It is designed so you can't hear from inside the car.

Has anyone manage to locate this and change it for a better ‘tune’? Must be possible I suppose

Cheers,

Chris

Back