Anyone have instructions for changing the Cabin Air Filter?/

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wtzouris

Hi all,

Has anyone done the Cabin Air filter change themselves? Any thoughts on buying the part on Amazon? (OEM or equivalent). I saw some YouTube video for the B-Class But my car does not have the filter under the hood. Is it behind the glove compartment?

Also has anyone figured out how to change the air filter for the battery pack (desiccant) themselves or should I let the dealer do that? I read in Motor Trend that the battery maintenance (parts and labor) should be included in the lease FREE of Charge. Can anyone confirm?

I am due for my Service A (10k miles) and I read that the Cabin Air filter and battery desiccant are the only items that need attention.

Sorry WTZ, haven't gotten that far yet. Let us know what you find out. I did get free service as part of the Black Friday special so I will be expecting them to do it whether it is part of the lease or not.

The dealer just told me typically a "Service A" is $509 with a supplemental option of $242 for wiper blades, tire rotation and cabin air filter -- $750! He mentioned the battery desiccant cartridge and that he was unfamiliar with the car.

I am not taking the car in until I get some answers from MB because they cannot require maintenance on a leased car like this. I'd rather ignore the warnings. This is not ok. Maybe my local mechanic can reset the service light.

I did it!!! Reset service A myself . The video on YouTube for C300

"Mercedes Service Indicator Reset"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bLjAhIamyc

MB part # 2468300018 - for models cla250 & cla45 is also cabin filter for B class Electric

also check for same part by WIX/Mahle/Mann

I'm told it is under dash on passenger side.

THANKS!!! I found the equivalent WIX filter on Amazon for $42, on eBay for $38. Now I just need to figure out how to change it!

-William

Wix WP10130 Cabin Air Filter

This part is compatible with 14 vehicle(s).
Notes
Important part details Year Make Model Trim Engine
OE Part # 2468300018... 2015 Mercedes-Benz B250 Base Hatchback 4-Door 2.0L 1991CC l4 GAS DOHC Turbocharged
OE Part # 2468300018... 2015 Mercedes-Benz CLA250 4Matic Sedan 4-Door 2.0L 1991CC l4 FLEX DOHC Turbocharged
OE Part # 2468300018... 2015 Mercedes-Benz CLA250 4Matic Sedan 4-Door 2.0L 1991CC l4 GAS DOHC Turbocharged
OE Part # 2468300018... 2015 Mercedes-Benz CLA250 Base Sedan 4-Door 2.0L 1991CC l4 GAS DOHC Turbocharged
OE Part # 2468300018... 2015 Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG 4Matic Sedan 4-Door 2.0L 1991CC l4 GAS DOHC Turbocharged
OE Part # 2468300018... 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA250 4Matic Sport Utility 4-Door 2.0L 1991CC l4 FLEX DOHC Turbocharged
OE Part # 2468300018... 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA250 4Matic Sport Utility 4-Door 2.0L 1991CC l4 GAS DOHC Turbocharged
OE Part # 2468300018... 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA250 Base Sport Utility 4-Door 2.0L 1991CC l4 GAS DOHC Turbocharged
OE Part # 2468300018... 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA45 AMG 4Matic Sport Utility 4-Door 2.0L 1991CC l4 GAS DOHC Turbocharged
OE Part # 2468300018... 2014 Mercedes-Benz B250 Base Hatchback 4-Door 2.0L 1991CC l4 GAS DOHC Turbocharged
OE Part # 2468300018... 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250 4Matic Sedan 4-Door 2.0L 1991CC l4 FLEX DOHC Turbocharged
OE Part # 2468300018... 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250 4Matic Sedan 4-Door 2.0L 1991CC l4 GAS DOHC Turbocharged
OE Part # 2468300018... 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250 Base Sedan 4-Door 2.0L 1991CC l4 GAS DOHC Turbocharged
OE Part # 2468300018... 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG 4Matic Sedan 4-Door 2.0L 1991CC l4 GAS DOHC Turbocharged

Figured it out! Not only is it easy , but there are NO TOOLS required. :) I'll post a video on You Tube. Basic Idea: Go way under the passenger footwell, underneath the glove box, close to the firewall. You will see two tabs, release the air filter door, get your grip on the filter, and pull down. I originally pulled the trip panel with the passenger footwell lighting but you do not need to do this. The entire procedure should take 5 minutes, including washing your hands afterwards!

In case anyone wants to do the dryer cartridge themselves, the part number is 2423400801. I ordered it for $109 (it actually requires two, and I am not sure whether it comes as a pair). I have the instructions on changing it; PM me if you would like me email you instructions and pictures from the maintenance manual. It looks very easy if one has access to the bottom of the car. Once I do mine, I'll post any guidance.

snowds said:
In case anyone wants to do the dryer cartridge themselves, the part number is 2423400801. I ordered it for $109 (it actually requires two, and I am not sure whether it comes as a pair). I have the instructions on changing it; PM me if you would like me email you instructions and pictures from the maintenance manual. It looks very easy if one has access to the bottom of the car. Once I do mine, I'll post any guidance.
I think everyone here would appreciate it if you could post the instructions and pictures here.

I'm interested by FYI everyone on Facebook Group is saying that the desiccant filter change should be FREE included in the yearly battery maintenance which is included with the car. I got my info from Mercedes E-Mobility (Corporate).

Unfortunately, this site does not accept images, and I do not have an external public channel in which to post images.

Does anyone have a copy of an official communication from MB saying the dryer cartridge change is covered by warranty? I'll approach my dealer with an argument that it is supposed to be covered, but it would be nice to have something official from corporate.

We are talking about it on Facebook: Mercedes B-Class Electric Drive - Closed Group. Michael Schweitzer from Mercedes-Benz E-mobility told me and it was stated in B-Class ED reviews from Motor Trend and Car & Driver.

Looks like Michael Schweizer left MB E-Mobility to work for ChargePoint. I talked with MBCC today, and they said the dryer maintenance is not covered under the warranty, though they agreed to look into it deeper to make sure, and to call me back. If they come back with a different answer, I'll post it.

Very interesting... so maybe I'll be negotiating with my dealer on what it should cost -- looks very easy to do.

-William

I have to find the papers in the glovebox:

Annual battery maintenance is included and if done maintains the 8 year battery warranty. If it is not done, the battery warranty is lost. The annual service not related to the battery is NOT included which is basically a visual check of fluids, wiper replacement etc. this is spelled out in the battery warranty addendum sheet on 2014 cars and on a separate page in the 2015 warranty booklet. Consider having the dealer perform the annual battery service for free and deciding on whether you wish to have them do the annual non battery service separately as whether this is done or not should not impact any warranty. Again, battery maintenance annually is included and needed to maintain battery warranty.

I am at 9 months ownership so I need to find these sheets and scan them soon..

Just spoke with MBCC. She reversed her prior statement that the cartridge is not covered, and confirmed that the dryer cartridge is covered under the basic warranty. She said any dealer with a question should contact the WSG (Warranty Services Group). Unfortunately, she did not ask WSG whether the labor is included, and is getting back to WSG on that question. I'll post the answer to that soon as she calls me back.

Just wondering if anyone else purchased the Prepaid Maintenance plan. I finally got pricing:
2 years $650.00
3 Years $800.00
4 Years $1,250.00

It sounds like its worth it to me. I am trying to get ahold of the details of what is done etc. Anyone purchase this? They said it can be purchased up until the time of the first service.

I think on an electric car it is not needed. The fluids are all long life 3 years/36k miles for sure, ,so you are really looking at wiper blades, wiper fluid, tire rotation, air cabin filter. All very easy to do inexpensively. Actual parts like tires and brake pads are not covered. There is no motor oil or transmission oil you can change in this car. Everything expensive is covered under the basic warranty. The battery -- needs to be certified every year - FREE of charge.

see below:

Annual battery maintenance is included and if done maintains the 8 year battery warranty. If it is not done, the battery warranty is lost. The annual service not related to the battery is NOT included which is basically a visual check of fluids, wiper replacement etc. this is spelled out in the battery warranty addendum sheet on 2014 cars and on a separate page in the 2015 warranty booklet. Consider having the dealer perform the annual battery service for free and deciding on whether you wish to have them do the annual non battery service separately as whether this is done or not should not impact any warranty. Again, battery maintenance annually is included and needed to maintain battery warranty.

Confirmed with MBCC that both labor and parts are included for the "Annual Battery Certification Service". The annual certification service is required no later than 2 months after the placed-in-service date. Again, they said for the dealer to contact MB WSG with any questions.

Back