Brake Issue

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snowds

Last week, when coming off the highway, the regen indicator suddenly went from recharging to zero, and the regen braking stopped. I quickly hit the brake, and it was rock hard, and had almost no braking action. Two or three seconds later, regen and braking starting working normally. Thought it may just be a glitch, but it happened again yesterday. Coasting on the off ramp of the highway, the regen suddenly stopped and the indicator went to zero. Almost no, if any, braking action from the brake pedal. 3 seconds later, it started working normally again.

I drove the car straight to MB, and left it there. Anyone else have this issue?

Stephen

Scary, let us know what they say. I assume the onboard computer captured the incidents. Smart move to go straight to dealer.

2014 with 8K. They have a couple of fault codes, but they are not specific. They're test driving for a couple days.

Wow, not sure I would be comfortable with them test driving my car with faulty brakes. I hope they have a very large empty parking lot. I suppose it could be a software glitch, bad brakes, bad sensors. Please let us know what you learn.

Thanks.

Well, they were unable to duplicate the issue, but MB did instruct the tech to do a software update to the regenerative braking module. So far, so good. It will also be interesting to see whether this update fixes the ever-present secondary jerk after stopping.

Hope this covers it. The more severe of the shuddering stopped after the software update but occasionally, I feel a tiny shudder when slowly stopping.

Back