Charging speed

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tech26

I just purchased a B-class electric over the weekend and I have a 240v 50 amp charge cable. I set the charge speed to "Maximum" which I believe is 40 amps, but I cannot find in any of the display screens how many amps the charger is taking.

The car only charges 10 miles of range per hour, and I've heard that it should be more like 30?

You can get the app for iphone or android or use the clunky MB website. Search for thread to get guidance on app/website. It will show you what you are drawing but based on your info, sounds like it is drawing around 3kw instead of 6kw.

Enjoy the ride.

I don't believe the charging limitations from the car effect the 240 volt charging. Regardless you should be able to set the charging to maximum from the set up screens in the car.

I regularly charge at 9.4KWH which is the max the MB B class will accept. This is with a 240 volt, 40 amp charger.

I haven't set up the mobile app yet. I don't have the registration or plates yet either. I heard Mercedes wants to see my name on the registration before they will allow mobile app access? I have an appointment with the dealership next week, maybe I'll ask them about getting the vehicle verification code while I'm there.

The dealers tend to be less than fully equipped but find someone who will take the time to get it for you. They make have to make a few calls. Look for thread on this topic as well as there are other tips on use of apps and MB program.

Best of luck.

Just add this meter to your EVSE and it will list voltage, amps, power, and a resetable KWH.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_sac=1&_ssn=hotzxd&LH_BIN=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.X100A+KWH.TRS0&_nkw=100A+KWH&_sacat=0

I have used four of them so far and they work well. It takes a very long press to reset the KWH. First you see a useless power warning indicator. The button has three functions and the reset is the last.

The price is increadable!

Glenn......looks great but can you tell me where exactly do you hook it up and how large is it for fit ?

It has four connections. Two for the coil. The ones I have received have had the coil connected L(likely for calibration)and two for the power. The meter requires from 80VAC to 250VAc. You normally connect the power to the incoming lines. You loop the current coil on one of the output lines. It really does not matter which but I usually use the black wire. I usually fuse one of the power lines but it is good practice but not really necessary. So far I have not had a power problem with any Chinese meter but fusing it makes for a warm fuzzy feeling.

According to the instructions it mounts in a 44.5 MM by 84.6MM hole. I usually use the Meter to lay out the hole to be cut. The meter comes with clips to mount into a thin metal panel. I usually cut them off and I epoxy the meter in place.

Back